REV33

lwknives

Power User
Anybody heard about the REV33? Some Nashville studio guy mentioned it was great in a rig rundown on YouTube. It is supposed to eliminate ringing in the ears when playing long shows with IEMs.

My son worked for them here in Austin for about a year building their social media presence/reporting before he graduated from UT and got another job. Unfortunately, I didn't ever get to try one. However, they have been getting very good response from people around here and some fairly big name artists. My only critique was it was an added piece of equipment in addition to the expense of the IEM's.

I have one. I like it and yes it does work. Less ear fatigue, a lot cleaner, less distortion. I have had it for a few months. The guy I play for had one, and he said he couldn't tell if it worked or not. I can tell a difference after I play.

IMG_4645.JPG

I can tell a difference after I play.

Scott, which IEMs are you using? Looks like when you order them they are model specific for the type of molds or drivers each manufacturer uses? Just curious because I have a pair of universal customs that are JBL "based" and our church uses 64s/Westones so I am also wondering how universal they are. Or what is in the tech that gives it the necessity for curving the EQ based on the audio drivers. #Curiosity #Thanks

Thanks!

Scott, which IEMs are you using? Looks like when you order them they are model specific for the type of molds or drivers each manufacturer uses? Just curious because I have a pair of universal customs that are JBL "based" and our church uses 64s/Westones so I am also wondering how universal they are. Or what is in the tech that gives it the necessity for curving the EQ based on the audio drivers. #Curiosity #Thanks

Thanks!
Thats a great question. I did give them my specific model which are 1964 V6 Stage. I would call them somehow and ask.

Thanks!
I'm the CEO of REVx Technologies. Someone pinged me about REV33 questions raised here so I thought I'd offer to respond. The REV33 is matched to the electrical characteristics of the drivers in the in-ears/headphones. We have 14 models for this reason. The REV33 doesn't EQ. It focuses on noise generated during playout - so the REV33 work is on the current flow coming from your ear and tries to not touch the signal moving toward your ear. I hope this helps answer your question. Best - Brett Butler

I've been using IEM's live for about 15 years now and i've been using this seldom used technique for reducing ear fatigue that not many people seem to be aware of - reducing the volume down... ;):D

Interesting... I like the option to try it for 30 days for $14.95!

I've got the 1964ears V6s as well. I'm probably going to try this out.

I work somewhere where we bought one of these matched for a set of very popular earbuds, and did some real testing on it. First of all, the one we bought was just 2 inductors inside the box. It also completely obliterated the high end frequency response of the earbuds. It claims to not change the audio signal...it does. From what we got, you could put a low pass filter on your IEM signal and accomplish the same thing that these do for free.

And for anyone who wants to know how the test was run: signal generator and amp running sine sweep through the earbuds, captured by a reference mic. One without the rev33 inline, one with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom