Return Of LEMUR SUPPORT is HERE

Hello

Realy good work.

Is it possible to request you something?

I want to use the template with my phone galaxy S4. So I've resize the template with the Lemur Editor to the Nexus 7 resize (960x508).
The template is a little deformed, but usable. But the top bar (AxeForLemur, ExtControl, Tuner) is too height. Is it possible to hide it, I haven't found how to do it

ScreenshotLemurGalaxy.png

THIS WAS POSTED IN THE OLD SCRUTINIZER THREAD TODAY, by new member guifarm......I didn't want this to get buried in what many may have thought is a dead-end thread, and it seems this is fairly momentous news, I thought it deserved a new thread so unsolicited I Posted it.. Coding is way beyond my feeble brain....Good Luck Brett

I have restarted support for AxeForLemur. AxeFoLemur3.07.jzml is functional on Lemur 5.2 for IOS 8.

The Lemur APP with the AxeForLemur.jzml script is a robust iPad controller for Fractal AxeFx(tm). It was written by David Sorlien under an open non-commercial license. Development of the Lemur script ceased two years ago with version 3.06 and only runs on Lemur 4.1 ( no longer available ).

There is a crowd funding drive on GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to make AxeForLemur available to all. Additional work is required to update the script to 3.08 to support AxeFX Firmware 18.x. (Its 30k lines of code, in a 3.5meg file of quasi-xml/c-script, its no walk in the park).

I will support the script so long as there is interest from the Fractal community. Please use the 'Contact us' Form within GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to request a copy of 3.07, contribute and inquire.

Its an awesome tool. Lets get it ready for prime-time.

GspEdit - Guitar Effect Editors

Thanks,
Brett.
looks very cool to have axe fx controlled by ipad or android.

question: is it stand alone (no pc needed) and will have direct connection from device to axe fx by usb or midi?

Glad you are using the template on Android

You could permanently remove the JazzInterface contoll, with removal of Ext Control and Tuner. I dont believe LIINE has a way to hide this.

I suggest you use the FirstObject XML editior and performa manual edit on the JZML file, i think its called Foxe. Its free, it shows rhe structure of the JZML file. Be carefull to save yiur work to new file names often.

You will need to make compromizes to fit the template into a phone resolution. It could be a lot of manual work to resize and reposition everything.

Wow, this is a great thing!

I neded to sell my midi controller an this is keeping me away from playing live. I think this app can help me.

How do I conect the axe to my phone (galaxy s6)?

musicman0001: question: is it stand alone (no pc needed) and will have direct connection from device to axe fx by usb or midi?

Lemur can communicate in two ways to the AxeFx

1. Lemur -> (IOS Camera Connector) -> USB-Midi-Cable -> AxeFx-Midi
2. Lemur -> WIFI -> PC/MAC -> Daemon(driver) -> PC-Connection-AxeFx(USB or MIDI Cables)

Alternate ways:
1. PUC, I have not tested this yet, but IOS9 apparently supports MIDI over BlueTooth, which would allow a PUC to be connected to the AxeFx, and Lemur should be able to find the instance of the MIDI over BlueTooth. Again I STRESS, I haven't tested this.
2. The PDF by Scrutinizer says you can use a direct USB connection from Tablet to the AXEFX under special conditions. I have not tested this.

DieHon: How do I connect the axe to my phone (galaxy s6)?
I have not tested Android, since I dont have a tablet. Screen resolutions are challenge because the script is hard coded for a 1024x768 tablet, and the 'Lemur' scroll bars are small. Its difficult to navigate. Forum user 'iNX' is looking at this.

iNX: But the top bar (AxeForLemur, ExtControl, Tuner) is too height. Is it possible to hide it, I haven't found how to do it
I have a feeling it is impossible to regain this screen area, the Lemur APP appears to use the top line for the 'Gear' / Settings ICON. Please look on the www.liine.com / forum site for any work arounds they might have.

Last edited:
Lemur can communicate in two ways to the AxeFx

1. Lemur -> (IOS Camera Connector) -> USB-Midi-Cable -> AxeFx-Midi
Actually it can work with any arbitrary iDevice->MIDI path, you are only describing one specific way to do it. I have the Griffin studioconnect which connects directly from iPad Lightning->MIDI. I have used it with Lemur no problem. It should work with any arbitrary iDevice audio interface that has MIDI 5 pin DIN I/O. There are numerous interfaces that now support the iPad directly.

This looks really cool to me... Is it something we can use along with MFC-101 without affecting performance, e.g. during rehearsals and performance?

Can it be used at same time as MFC-101?

Does it cause audio glitches in a patch with more than 90% CPU utilization when (a) just running with no changes; (b) when editing patches in the middle of a song?

Does it cause audio glitches in a patch with more than 90% CPU utilization when (a) just running with no changes; (b) when editing patches in the middle of a song?
Patches running higher than 90% CPU usage can experience audio glitches at any time, even with nothing connected.

Hi, I have requested that LIINE ( makers of the Lemur APP ) host this AxeForLemur script. The script is a 'creative commons' effort, and should be in the public domain. I will update this thread with a new link within a day or so. Thanks.

Hi, I have requested that LIINE ( makers of the Lemur APP ) host this AxeForLemur script. The script is a 'creative commons' effort, and should be in the public domain. I will update this thread with a new link within a day or so. Thanks.

Hi, any luck with the link?

Somebody needs to take this and run with it. I offered to partner with guifarm but he wanted to go it alone, and here we are...
Fracpad basically obsoletes Lemur for the Axe2, IMHO. I use Lemur on my Ultra here and there still and have hacked the code just a little bit but it has always been slow and clunky. The AxeFx implementation/script's sysex query is slow and unreliable; there are lots of bugs or communications issues, it is never up to date with the current F/W.

It would need to be fixed/overhauled and updated with each new firmware. For the Ultra its the only choice but for the II FracPad is maintained and actively developed by a member of the forum who is very responsive, it is a full, native app, and it is well worth paying for, Lemur is a paid app but the Axe implementation is a free script/config file and the user would be doing it out of their goodness of their heart while users would still have to pay some third party for Lemur.

So, yes, somebody took the ball, ran with it, and slam dunked it. IMHO.

Hi everyone, i did it!!!! Here's a version for XL+. Let me know if there's any issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pykg6cg76zl6yqg/AAAWoPyBPhY0fIz4RnxB-iCia?dl=0

Here are my findings:
Referencing website: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=AxeToLemur_Design_Device_Selection

Method:
1)
I did followed the wiki, it didn't work but i reckon most of it contributed to the success
2) After following most of the wiki instructions, the missing link was under Project folder> hw> with script aUser.cMidi.hwids[tidx]==3)?0:1, change the 3 to 7.
3) Other than that, the steps that was different from wiki, was that instead of:
A) <Add two more values to devtypes>, i left it as 4,
B) <Add two more strings to button objet lablels>, i changed "no bank" to 'Axe XL+',
C) Under Axe For Lemur folder>cs>IsAxeSysex(msg)><Change Device ID's within SysEx messages to include devie ids { 6 and 7 }>, I just add <else if(msg[3]==7) st = 'Axe-FX XL+';>
D) The rest was pretty much just change all hard coded device id's "0x74,3" with "0x74,7".

If you have XL, just change to "0x74,6" and ensure step 1 is changed to 6.

That's all. Now we can finally have lemur back.

Keith Tan
fabnovation.github.io

Attachments

• Screen Cap define hwids_15_3_2017.PNG
    Screen Cap define hwids_15_3_2017.PNG
    373.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Cap Step 3A_15_3_2017.PNG
    Screen Cap Step 3A_15_3_2017.PNG
    394.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Cap Step 3B_15_3_2017.PNG
    Screen Cap Step 3B_15_3_2017.PNG
    344.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Cap Step 3C_15_3_2017.PNG
    Screen Cap Step 3C_15_3_2017.PNG
    398.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Cap Step 3D_15_3_2017.PNG
    Screen Cap Step 3D_15_3_2017.PNG
    388 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Excellent. Since Lemur is back, is it working for MK1? What version of Lemur is required? Is it compatible with latest FW? And will you be updating it for future FW? Thanks!

Hi i'm not sure about MK1 but the original version 3.07 works for MKII. I used it before switching to XL+.The program will not be affected by FW but may be affected when there's new models.

Hi i'm not sure about MK1 but the original version 3.07 works for MKII. I used it before switching to XL+.The program will not be affected by FW but may be affected when there's new models.
Thanks!
What version of Lemur is required?
Does it include all amps/cabs knob additions, etc. of Quantum 7 firmware?
Will you be updating it when newer FW comes out?

Thanks!
What version of Lemur is required?
Does it include all amps/cabs knob additions, etc. of Quantum 7 firmware?
Will you be updating it when newer FW comes out?

I'm using Lemur 5.3.2 and I haven't adjusted anything else in the original AxeForLemur 3.07. I'm updating the program for the purpose of accessing presets and tuner on the fly only. I actually find using the knobs isn't as easy as using Axe Edit. I'm thinking of creating another version without knobs, something a lot less complicated, but it's going to take a while as programming is not easy for someone who's not trained in this field. I used the good old trial and error method to resolve the issues and it does take a lot out of a person to update it constantly. I'll see if I can create some instructables in my blog, hope it'll stir fire in programming in some of us to keep this going.

Last edited:
Thanks for your efforts gotmilo, I have uploaded AxeForLemur version 3.092 (implemented May-2016) to "lline user library" at

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/690/

This version supports the XL, and XL+, and fixes bug in AMP selector. The Bug was related to Lemur limit of 220 items in an array. The fix was a canvas based list selector sorted by vendor, model and mode. In general there are a number of parameters missing, and some functionality is missing. I could fix these and keep supporting the script, but the creative commons license limits any commercial potential and incentive. I recommend the "fracpad"; it is a solid implementation of axe edit, and support is strong.

If anyone wants to support AxeForLemur, and wishes to have their changes posted to the lline.net site, I would be happy to review, integrate and post changes. If anyone wishes to contract me to implement change requests or fixes via donations I would be happy to discuss.

Back
Top Bottom