Resolved - which is amp, which Axe&2502 and which Axe direct

Let's take it easy. Machine has guessed right, so let's forget about this now. The clips all seem to sound Ok, I wouldn't ever ask for more.

Redoing is impossible, as the Marshall has long gone. I still have the Bogner Shiva, but I'm too lazy to do it all over now :cool:

Let's say the Axe can pretty well do some higher gain crunch and keep up with the big Marshall benchmark in this field.

However, to be honest, there are still more awesome Marshall tones out there, that I couldn't yet capture. It's good to keep having objectives and goals, makes the Axe journey more interesting!

Just chiming in here without seeing all the comments, but it sounds like B is more real because it sounds more "in the room" and not that the tone or interaction is more complex. Clip B has some bleed of the room into the mic that sounds very natural but the direct clips sound sterile and don't sound like their in a room at all. To sum it up, the direct clip sounds "direct" without the amp/mic/room interaction.

Ringleader said:
No offense but that new Javi patch beats them all, IMO. I gotta try those patches

Haha, no offense taken. As long as those beautiful bits and bytes are in my flash memory I give a rats a$$ where they're coming from :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom