RESOLVED: Output 3 / 4 No Audio Being Sent (User Error)

Sleestak

Power User
Greetings. I'm adding an outboard effect pedal (Digitech Freqout) to my AxeFX III. I'm attempting to use Out3 as the source for the pedal. I can see in Axe-Edit that signal is present in the Out3 block, but nothing is actually being sent to my pedal.
  • The pedal works. When I plug directly into it, and run the output into the front input of the AxeFX, it functions normally.
  • When I connect the AxeFX Out3 to the pedal input, and pedal output to AxeFX In3, there is no signal being sent to the pedal.
  • I can verify that the AxeFX In3 works normally. If I plug my guitar directly into the pedal's input jack, it sends signal to the AxeFX In3 block.
  • It's not the cable(s). I have tested and swapped the cables with other, known to be good cables.
So, what am I missing here? I've also tried to use Out4 / In4, with the same results. Why am I not getting a signal from Out3 and Out4?

Did something similar this past weekend. Connected a EH B9 pedal using In4/Out4.
Ran stnadard T/S cables from Out4 to B9 input, B9 Output to In4. In Layout grid, make
sure block Out# is first in chain, then In#. I had to crank the B9 full up, then set Out4
volume (on front panel) full up. My mistake was placing In4 first in the chain, then Out4.
I had to reverse these (which may look wrong at first glance).

Then I set one scene with Out4 off, then next scene with Out4 on. One click and the effect
was active on one scene, off on the next. This worked for me.

oh my god i wanted to bust the house from trying to do this alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longggggggggg
i was having tantrums like a little kid i was a cranky little Bi*** tried googling and googling and googling could not find a answer until i found this post @yek thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuu lol so stupid of me the damn level knob on the front of the axe effects iii i never touched those knobs in so long i forgot they even existed, wow i feel so stupid thank you @yek

@yek once again thank you and i can finally use my strymon volate again i tried to go with out it for a very long time but was never happy with my delay sounds in the axe Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom