Request: Worship Presets Please

Hello friends,

Next week I will start playing worship songs in my church. I just got my Axe Fx 2 XL months ago and I am also new to the worship music world.

So please guys share the presets you use for this style of music. If possible using only the Axe Fx original cabs and setups since I have just the unit, no additional IRs or anything.

Any help will be a HUGE help! :)

Thank you so much!!

OMG (sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm not sure that PW presets are special in any way. If you're new to the AxeFX and have a gig soon, maybe start with the correct version of factory presets and pick 2 or 3 you like, and refine from there?

My suggestion...use the AC20 Deluxe Treble w/factory AC20 UR cab..adjust drive to taste. I normally set it up so I can use my guitar volume knob for gain. Set a Reverb block in parrallel w/mix to 100% and input around 5 to 10%..whatever style you prefer. I find this 'foundation' works with Tele's and LP's..just up to you how much you'd like to push the amp. The DC30 works VERY well with a Tele too.

The only thing left really is to focus on your delays. I prefer running stereo since the Axe provides that capability..and my delay choice is the Tape delay in order to get some nice modulation and movement. That's all personal preference of course..but you can get most everything you need out of that.

If you need to fill more space...I set my delay and verb settings to an expression pedal. My heel position is my rhythm standard delay/verb settings...and my toe position opens everything up and provides a nice big stereo ambient sound that fills a lot of space. It's the easiest way I've found compliment the other instruments depending on what you have in your band. If you don't have keys..then you might want to add a few other sounds like a pitch block to give a shimmer sound over your pads and control it with your expression as well. Basically just experiment at that point. The main thing is getting your foundation...very very simple setup for the most part. Let me know if you need any further info...and if you have the actual song titles you'll be playing..I'll be glad to let you know what I use.

Yeap I understand all your comments and I appreciate that. My problem as a new Axe FX user is that most of the presets on Axechange are outdated. Some simply has no sound on my Axe Fx XL (fw 15.0.6). Not sure if I am missing something...

What I have here is the original factory presets and a gig tomorrow. Still learning how to tune them and most of the time I just mess everything. LOL

As I said, any help is HUGE! Thank you so much!

I can post a few of mine. I use scenes and my foot controller set the tempo so that will be different. Also, I use purchased user cabs on some.

What songs are you doing?

The no sound the presets you downloaded are probably due to a volume block in the preset (if so replace with a shunt) or a user cab (which might be blank in your XL). In the case change to a factory cab.

i MUCH prefer the DC30 to the Morgan, but that's just preference. (and the Morgan does sound great, not knocking it)

Here is one I use a lot. Each scene is a little different. the drive in the amp is change by scene controllers. It has 2 delays each with X/Y setting that do different things. Drive has an X/Y as well.

Here is a quick example of scene 1

I let the chords ring out more from :43 sec on.

Attachments

• Java Matchless Dly Hillsong 15.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 145
Howdy tried to download but it said not compatible..i do have newest version ..should I go back to 15 ?Weird Because I have older presets that seem to work no prob

Chris Tomlin

Here's a Chris Tomlin patch. It has 4 useful scenes. Hope you like this...

Oh...it uses an external volume pedal so you either want to delete the volume block or use a pedal or change the control input.
Jason

Attachments

• Chris Tomlin.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 112
Here is one I use a lot. Each scene is a little different. the drive in the amp is change by scene controllers. It has 2 delays each with X/Y setting that do different things. Drive has an X/Y as well.

Here is a quick example of scene 1

I let the chords ring out more from :43 sec on.

Hey Sean... Did you happen to convert this XL patch over to the Mark II (non-XL)? Would be great if you did... Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom