REQUEST: Devin Townsend Clean

jeffpengelly

Inspired
Hey guys,

Does anyone have something that sounds like Devin Townsend's clean tone with his huge reverb? I haven't been happy with any cleans I've tried to dial in so far and see his clean tone as being 'perfect'. This would be great if any of you could help me out :) I have a standard. Even some tips would be great.

-Jeff

Dev uses lots of long reverb with long decay times.
He also is a delay whore so just experiment man, the important part is getting the level of the effect right.
I would use brownface for his clean, if you still have no luck ill throw a dev clean together for you.

Dev uses lots of long reverb with long decay times.
He also is a delay whore so just experiment man, the important part is getting the level of the effect right.
I would use brownface for his clean, if you still have no luck ill throw a dev clean together for you.

Yeah man I've tried using long reverb decays as well as all different kinds of delays but nothing seems right! The brownface is what I'm currently using, I started with the Mark IV clean but the brownface did sound a little better. If you could throw a quick one together that would be amazing! I think I just need a different perspective of it. His clean is just so soul-stirring I wish I could understand how it sounds so good!

Still no luck... anyone else that can help? Would Clark Kents EQ matching method help to atleast get the voicing right?

Alright guys I just spent literally 4 hours with my axe and I think I've finally nailed it. I'm just running out now so I don't have time to post it but I will definitely post it tomorrow cause I think it is a patch worth sharing! The reverbs will never be as powerful as Devy's but I think I've got a tone very similar to "A Monday" off Ki. I've been playing through my headphones and monitors just to make sure and its sounding really good! So check in tomorrow! :D:D:D:D

The reverbs will never be as powerful as Devy's

there's no reason i can think of why not. especially if you use the plex detune instead of a reverb. you can get much denser, richer sounding reverbs using that block instead of a reverb block

there's no reason i can think of why not. especially if you use the plex detune instead of a reverb. you can get much denser, richer sounding reverbs using that block instead of a reverb block

see now i didn't even know that! i have so much more to learn haha well anyway im about to post the patch so check it out!

I'm glad someone else ask about devins sounds…
[
QUOTE=jeffpengelly;626029]Hey guys,

Does anyone have something that sounds like Devin Townsend's clean tone with his huge reverb? I haven't been happy with any cleans I've tried to dial in so far and see his clean tone as being 'perfect'. This would be great if any of you could help me out :) I have a standard. Even some tips would be great.

-Jeff[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom