Request: Can we turn off the "in1 clip" warning? It's ALWAYS there regardless of how the input level is set

Variable

Inspired
See title. I use the mini-tuner and this gets in the way of being able to use it. I effectively have to set the input gain to almost 0 to have it not clip with low-output humbuckers. I normally have my input level set to "tickle the red," which is what I've always read was the way to set it.

Many thanks for considering.

I would like it to display on AxeEdit- unless it already does. I’ve never seen it but my axe is under the desk at home so I can’t easily watch the meter.

See title. I use the mini-tuner and this gets in the way of being able to use it. I effectively have to set the input gain to almost 0 to have it not clip with low-output humbuckers. I normally have my input level set to "tickle the red," which is what I've always read was the way to set it.

Many thanks for considering.
Is this referring to the "Input 1 Gain" or the "Input 1/Instrument" in the I/O Setup menu?

That doesn't seem right. My Majesty PU's are fairly hot, and I can set it up to 24% without clipping.

Are your PU's real close to the strings?
Not super close. It’s the bridge 58/15 LT in my McCarty. I can’t go above 5% without the clipping indicator, and even then it’ll show up if I smack the strings with palm mutes.

I don’t mind the indicator, I’d just rather it not cover the mini tuner. There’s plenty of room right next to it between the mini tuner and page tabs.

I can’t go above 5%
My Majesty has a 20dB boost. I have to keep mine no higher than 4.3%, but only because I occasionally use that boost. That's extremely hot. Basically saying your signal is as hot as mine, with that extra gain. Which just doesn't sound right.

I just can't imagine PU's PRS would put in a McCarty would be that hot.

But if 5% is your limit, then set it there. Because the reason you don't want the warning is not because it covers the screen. ;)

If I were you, I'd try to get a hold of a guitar with known hot PU's, something along the lines of a Super Distortion, and see how it compares.

My Majesty has a 20dB boost. I have to keep mine no higher than 4.3%, but only because I occasionally use that boost. That's extremely hot. Basically saying your signal is as hot as mine, with that extra gain. Which just doesn't sound right.

I just can't imagine PU's PRS would put in a McCarty would be that hot.

But if 5% is your limit, then set it there. Because the reason you don't want the warning is not because it covers the screen. ;)

If I were you, I'd try to get a hold of a guitar with known hot PU's, something along the lines of a Super Distortion, and see how it compares.
That would be my Strandberg Boden Prog with a Suhr SSH+ in the bridge, which is almost double the rated output of the 58/15 LT. It doesn't trigger the warning nearly as much as the PRS. I think it's a product of certain frequencies and the attack that push it into the clipping warning. The 58/15 is a way more dynamic pickup with a much wider frequency response than the SSH+.

I think it's a product of certain frequencies and the attack that push it into the clipping warning.
+1

Have various guitars with similar (or even the same) high-output pickups and while the 6string is still ok at the default 50%, one of the 7strings needs to be turned down below 10%, while the other 7string (different construction, same pups) is ok with 25%

Not super close. It’s the bridge 58/15 LT in my McCarty. I can’t go above 5% without the clipping indicator, and even then it’ll show up if I smack the strings with palm mutes.

I don’t mind the indicator, I’d just rather it not cover the mini tuner. There’s plenty of room right next to it between the mini tuner and page tabs.
Same. I think the great open sound they have is very dynamic and sets it off. It's worse on my Fiore. I don't think either of these has a pickup over 8k, but that is misleading.

If you won't lose too much, try reseting your System Parameters. I was having a similar problem, where even my low output guitars were clipping, and reseting the system settings helped. It wasn't a big deal for me since Input Sensitivity is really the only setting I adjust.

Guys would somebody PLEASE tell me how to turn off this OBNOXIOUS low fuel warning beeping in my car? Like geez I’m just trying to go on a nice drive and this thing just won’t stop making noise at me.
a bit rude and dismissive, no?

if you read the OP, you'd know that they already have the input sensitivity set to near-0 and are using relatively low-output pups. to use your metaphor, we have the low fuel warning going off when the tank is nearly full... that would, indeed, be unexpected and annoying. I dealt with the same issue and fixed it with a system reset, though I still don't know why that worked for me (and several others).

I have my input settings at the default (50%) and have never seen the input hit the red prior to the last firmware update, nor have I hit the red or warning indicator after the last firmware update with any of my guitars. This includes a Les Paul Standard, Rickenbacker 360, PRS Paul’s Guitar, PRS Studio Guitar, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Gretsch 6120, Yamaha Revstar P90, Fender Stratocaster and Telecaster and assorted other guitars (none with active pickups or extra hot pickups). I find it strange that none of my guitars have never hit the red or hit the red or warning after the update at 50% input setting since so many others have reported issues with guitars that have pickups similar to mine. Anyone have any I idea why my experience is different?

Guys would somebody PLEASE tell me how to turn off this OBNOXIOUS low fuel warning beeping in my car? Like geez I’m just trying to go on a nice drive and this thing just won’t stop making noise at me.
This is the kind of crap that gives guitar forums a bad name. I've done it myself in the past, and reading this makes me embarrassed all over again.

Last edited:
I have a sneaking suspicion this feature is bugged, having a majesty with a built in +20dB boost on the output jack and this dude is at 24%

I have a BKP nailbomb which is a hot ceramic pickup and Im on 7.5%

So many of peoples settings just dont line up
I have Fishman Fluence pickups in one of my guitars and they are the hottest pickups of any of my guitars. I run the input at 9.8%. I do adjust it from time to time, especially if using a Strat with single coils. Seems like everyone is getting settings all over the place. I don't try to focus on getting the optimum signal though, I just set to a place where I'm in the yellow on the input meter and no clipping indication.

I noticed this recently on my FM9 - the input level was hitting red until i cranked it down pretty much to zero, and this is with a Strat without really hot pickups. I had set the input level previously and it was fine, so it makes sense that it's something that changed with a firmware update. I haven't noticed any change in tone though.

Back
Top Bottom