Replicating the Helix Glitch Delay on Axe3

"So you've got a digital delay.... you set a time value .... and the algorithm from what I can tell ... divides that buffer up based on the delay division parameter. These slices have their own feedback value, and the playback order of them can be shuffled, you can bring in an octave up+down shift effect in there somewhere too... and also a reverse delay. The internal sequencer can be set to drift, and the whole thing can be smoothed out to create these really dense textures."

there isn't anything in the axe that can do this atm, but this is exactly the sort of thing that i've been asking for for years. if the helix can do it, maybe cliff can have a look at how it does it and figure out a new algo for the fractal.
The dream (for some, for this).

Sorry in advance. I know these topics can sometimes get a bit heated. I don't mean to besmirch the Axe3.

But there's an effect on Helix called 'Glitch Delay' which I've really been digging.
View attachment 123831

So you've got a digital delay.... you set a time value .... and the algorithm from what I can tell ... divides that buffer up based on the delay division parameter. These slices have their own feedback value, and the playback order of them can be shuffled, you can bring in an octave up+down shift effect in there somewhere too... and also a reverse delay. The internal sequencer can be set to drift, and the whole thing can be smoothed out to create these really dense textures.

Axe3 is definitely capable of dense textures. But does anyone know how we might replicate the Glitch Delay??
Delay is so good on the Helix..

it all kept sounding very crystals
Crystal Echoes pitch type? I think that's been somewhat ruined for these types of sounds with this update I posted about a couple weeks ago:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/crystal-echoes-crossfade-time-removed.195791/

A short crossfade time seems pretty crucial to keep an audible rhythm to the glitchiness, if one block is kept audible for some time (more than one grain length or so). A couple crystal voices (or maybe 4 with 2 blocks) with exclusive switching via sequencer or random LFO plus some random octave shifts would have at least been a start at matching some of these examples before, with a low crossfade time.

John Nathan Cordy is something else. Great Player, he has that Glitch delay device going on in the backtrack in that video. He always shows how to build or how he built the presets in his videos.

Back
Top Bottom