• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Replicating the Bogner Ecstasy Class A mode?

Variable

Inspired
I’m wondering if anyone here has been able to replicate class A mode on the Ecstasy models? This is the one setting, I feel, that takes my Ecstasy Classic from “fantastic” to “unreal”.

Sadly, it’s a bit of a tube killer on the real amp, which is why the Axe3 makes sense (no tubes to kill!).

RB_Guitar

Inspired
I’m wondering if anyone here has been able to replicate class A mode on the Ecstasy models? This is the one setting, I feel, that takes my Ecstasy Classic from “fantastic” to “unreal”.

Sadly, it’s a bit of a tube killer on the real amp, which is why the Axe3 makes sense (no tubes to kill!).
Isn't the "Power Tube Bias Grid" parameter exactly what you are looking for?

Variable

Inspired
@FractalAudio

Thanks Cliff.

So, on the Ecstasy models the PT Grid Bias is .550. How does that correspond to the actual tube bias in mA (if at all)? On my Classic, when I hit Class A mode my tubes jump from 30mA on their bias to something around 80-80mA. That's obviously more than double, so I wonder if the PT Grid Bias setting can match what the real amp is doing in that mode? Is there anything else going on with that switch other than drastically increasing the bias?

Many thanks!

Top Bottom