Remaining Input as im scrolling through presets

Hey guys I was wondering if theres a way to remain all the presets as input 2 as im switching between presets. So for example when i switch presets it keeps going back to input 1. is there a way to make all the presets global input 2 or perhaps copy input 1 to input 2 or a workaround?

belows a screenshot

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 8.55.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 8.55.56 PM.png
    750.6 KB · Views: 12
You’re saving a preset with input 2, and when you switch presets and come back to it, it’s input 1?

How are you saving? With Axe Edit or directly on the AxeFX?

nah im saving presets as input 1 however when im reamping I require to be in input 2. so whenever inm reamping and scrolling through presets i gotta manually change the input to 2 which is annoying af

Ok, gotcha.

Have you tried using the mixer block? Send inputs 1 & 2 into the mixer, set levels and see if that works for you.

my setup is completely different to urs dude, your way is not the only way to do things!

No, it isn't. But it is a way to solve the problem you've come here to ask for help with :). Otherwise, you can use a Multiplexer block in all your presets, using 2 channels, one for each input, then do the channel selection with a footswitch or midi after you load each preset. Or use outboard gear to select the input that goes to the Axe-FX input 1. You're really going about reamping in a complicated way :).

No, it isn't. But it is a way to solve the problem you've come here to ask for help with :). Otherwise, you can use a Multiplexer block in all your presets, using 2 channels, one for each input, then do the channel selection with a footswitch or midi after you load each preset. Or use outboard gear to select the input that goes to the Axe-FX input 1. You're really going about reamping in a complicated way :).

I was literally looking up little labs red eye 3d before I saw your reply lol. So basically use a reamp box ? is it a matter of just pressing a button on the reamp box and then creating a new track in your DAW armed to the wet signal? this is very interesting

Put both IN1 and IN2 blocks in all your presets and just bypass the one you're not currently using. No Mixer block needed.

Put both IN1 and IN2 blocks in all your presets and just bypass the one you're not currently using. No Mixer block needed.
Wait are you saying to do this (screenshot)?
but then how do I supposedly bypass Input 2, by switching it to digital under setup or perhaps by reducing A/D sensitivity Input 2 to 0% (second screenshot)?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 8.44.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 8.44.59 PM.png
    543 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 8.48.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 8.48.01 PM.png
    596.1 KB · Views: 11
Yes, put the IN 2 block in parallel, but just bypass the block when you're not reamping. That will mute it since there's no other blocks feeding it. It only feeds signal from the Input 2 jacks when the block is active.

When playing live, IN 1 should be active and IN 2 should be bypassed. When reamping, IN 2 should be active and IN 1 should be bypassed.

Last edited:
Wait but doesn't this still mean that I will have to disable each block after scrolling through each preset ?
I'm trying to be able to scroll through presets without having to do anything & it reamping.

Yes you'd need to enable and disable the IN blocks as needed per preset. Another option is to leave both IN blocks active and physically unplug the cable from the unused input in order to mute it. You can also short or mute the input signal at its source (turn the guitar volume all the way down or mute the output from your interface) if you're not having any weird noise issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom