Release it already!

Feature request - AXE-FX would be SO Cool if it had like a thing you could use to organize all the complexity and capability with on a big screen using a mouse and keyboard!

:razz

I hope Cliff will take a well deserved extended break after all of this. As great as FW10/AE will be, I don't want Cliff and co to burn out. I look forward to future developments/products (not that I can conceive of a need, mind you) from this company more than any other in the music technology industry.

hey c'mon if this is what he likes to do lets just wish he keeps working as many hours as he wants on this
biggrin.gif

Soon. I've been working 80-100 hours a week for months on this, so bear with me.

Cliff said "very soon" last week & now says "soon".

They have definitely found a "glitch in the matrix".

Take your time Cliffster.........we want V10 to be "the one" !!!

In fairness to all the impatient posters, and at the risk of getting flamed, when Cliff posts clips with v10 talking about how amazing it is and authorizes the beta testers to do the same, don't you think he's responsible for starting some of this impatient frenzy that is generated?

Honestly most of these posts would not exist if nobody knew the next firmware was coming. But I'm sure Cliff, like anyone else would, just wants to share his excitement over another epiphany in modelling code even though it may be months before it can be packaged for the masses. Sure it creates a lot of tension at times, but I think it's great to be informed of what's on the horizon. As much as I'm also missing an editor, v9 has been worth not having it for awhile. Soon we'll all be in v10 and AE2 heaven...

A man with that kind of drive:

a) is a firstborn
b) as president of Fractal Audio, is not doing it under outside pressure
c) is on a personal quest to see how good he can make it
d) embodies what the U.S. was founded on (forgive my momentary exceptionalism) and is a fine example of why we led the technology revolution
e) deserves the spoils (not the taxman!)

Reactions: J.C
Cliff, you're the man. I say this every firmware update, but thank you for all the work you put into this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey gang,

I've got some downtime from gigs and am looking at upgrading from V7 to whatever's floating around now.
Obviously people are frothing for V10 and I'm in no way trying to say "GIVE ME V10 NOWWWWW !!!!!!".

But can someone give me a rough timeline of when V10 was first announced in beta? And also when V9 was released?

Based on this info I'll decide if I'll update to V9 this week or just hang on for a couple weeks/months/years/decades/something bigger than decades for the next update.
I'm loving V7 and I can't wait for the updates.

Side note: Axe2 is single handedly the best piece of gear I've ever purchased.... freaking love this thing to bits !!!

How about AXE EDIT ....I deleted 1.0 to reinstall it because it kept crashing on my computer...I did this not knowing the 1.0 was deleted off my computer and off of The Fractal Websit for the next version...any time table???
I have them if you pm me your email

Soon. I've been working 80-100 hours a week for months on this, so bear with me.

dear mr chase,

I believe this is a lot of work and I appreciate. But for me the main issue is not V10 - this will take its time. For me the Axe Edit is more important. Only by accident I found a post ( after still using AE for weeks) that said "do not use AE with V9". No comment on what would happen if still using nor a hint what the "damage" would be or how to repair if needed.
I of course even used the AE for update because this was the recommended way in the internet.

So waiting now for even more than 3 months not even knowing if there is any "damage" like setup mix or whatever and no warning on the download side is not nice.

I would have appreciated a warning message directly on the support page with detailed info what the risk can be of using AE further on.
A wish for ( hopefully not) the next time.

Regards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom