Release it already!

Brick_top

Power User
please.......
biggrin.gif

yeah cliff said it could be released at the end of the last week if I'm not mistaken.

key word unfortunately was "could" :(

if you guys had any idea how much work is going on behind the curtain to bring you all that's coming... all this unnecessary pressure isn't really helping anyone.

I think that is the problem.. nobody knows besides a few people. Take as long as you like... get it right.

if you guys had any idea how much work is going on behind the curtain to bring you all that's coming... all this unnecessary pressure isn't really helping anyone.

that wasn't my intent at all.

I don't have any power over it, hopefully I was trying to show interest not coming off as demanding anything.

If if helps I will not create anymore threads over this.

In my way of thinking I would guess that a lot of frenzy over this stuff is mostly positive for fractal in the end? I would think that all the clips and all the posts from people in the know were somehow to interest people, if they are not it is obvious that they create a lot of excitment.

In my way of thinking I would guess that a lot of frenzy over this stuff is mostly positive for fractal in the end? I would think that all the clips and all the posts from people in the know were somehow to interest people, if they are not it is obvious that they create a lot of excitment.

+1 bazillion!
FAS isn't under any pressure from us. they are doing everything at their own speed. i'd bet Cliff has never said, "hurry up worker bees, the forum guys are pissed it isn't done yet".
FAS is the master of leaking enough stuff early to keep us all excited and the buzz high. sure, it comes with its negatives (like some entitled folks) but mostly it just creates energy towards their product.

Even the people that you might suspect "know" don't know; there isn't a mythological target date or deadline. That can be frustrating - the 'not knowing' - but once it is out, no one ever remembers the wait. "Yea, back at 5.04a people where going insane for 6.0... that was a wait! These kids nowadays complain about waiting 2 weeks, in my day we waited for 3 months!" This anticipation angst among owners happens in "Fractal Audio Land" with major firmware updates; some of us have seen this a lot of times over the years. It's not easy to cope when you want something - NOW - but don't get it, it is maddening. The coping mechanism is - fortunately - pretty simple. Honest.

Trust that it will come. Trust that it will be worth it.

Your trust will be rewarded in spades.

IMHO. :)

How about AXE EDIT ....I deleted 1.0 to reinstall it because it kept crashing on my computer...I did this not knowing the 1.0 was deleted off my computer and off of The Fractal Websit for the next version...any time table???

that wasn't my intent at all.

I don't have any power over it, hopefully I was trying to show interest not coming off as demanding anything.

If if helps I will not create anymore threads over this.

no, no. didn't come off as demanding and I'm the last person who'd tell anyone to post this or that, but some of these "where is it", "release it already" posts sound like FAS are holding back releases on purpose. other companies say nothing. don't release teasers or any kind of information until it suddenly drops. I prefer the way FAS handles things but in return they get a shitload (not particularly speaking of your post) of negativity like the Axe is suddenly useless in the state it currently is...

It's interesting, over the last few years I would watch new firmware drops and wait for the recordings and reviews. I did this as a a non Axe-FX owner without any skin in the game but now that I own the Axe-FX it is killing me....... LOL...... Thanks for the insight Scott.

I understand that you (VegaBaby) as a beta tester may feel a lot of pressure, But I think you might be a bit focused in the negative side of it, maybe you are mostly talking about axe edit posts.
Personally it never ocurred to me that FAS would hold releases on purpose.

I don't feel like something should be given to me on any date, when I bought the axe-fx I never got a timetable for firmware releases.

But I can understand why the "axe edit people" can be angry. You can be a bit lost if you don't visit the forums.

Back
Top Bottom