RELAY G30/50/90 Version 2.0 out now ! but.....

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
How ridiculous is it that you need a Line 6 device called the XD V75 to flash a G base and transmitter !!!!
I mean I have $20 XM radios that I can flash via USB.
RIDICULOUS.

My bet, there will bea lot of the " XD V75" open box specials soon at retail stores globally.....

Not sure I understand? I have a G30... Are you saying I need to buy the XD-V75 wireless transmitter and receiver to update my G30? How does that work?

I'm not sure I understood the benefits of the new firmware when I read it. Are there any reasons to upgrade if you're not using it with any other L6 hardware?

The release notes state:

-Reduced Latency
-Less impact on other 2.4GHz devices
-Compatibility with other RF2 devices

Do you notice latency in your setup? I just got a G50 - haven't gigged with it yet, so wondering what people's latency experiences are with it.

They're not a new versione of the relay wireless. They're THE RELAY WIRELESS for vocals....same as g30/50/90 but for vocals....in fact, if you do pay attention to the features they're the same....relay g series was successfull because it started to use digital technology AND 2.4ghz frequencies (which are the same as wi fi freq, but because they transmit digital information this won't matter).

The G30/G50/G90 are all rated at about 4ms... it has been stated that the Axe-fx G1/G2 are about 2ms... so at 6ms... I don't notice a thing. But strangely enough, when I'm in my DAW I run at 2.2ms... and anything above 6-8ms, you can definitely hear "something".

I have the 50 and it works like a charm. I'm not going to spend $500 to get a new device I don't need, and if I have to ship it or take it somewhere to update the firmware, I'm not going to bother.

The G30/G50/G90 are all rated at about 4ms... it has been stated that the Axe-fx G1/G2 are about 2ms... so at 6ms... I don't notice a thing. But strangely enough, when I'm in my DAW I run at 2.2ms... and anything above 6-8ms, you can definitely hear "something".

Good to know. I wonder what kind of latency there is with a 20' cable...

Does L6 say what kind of latency improvement you get with the new firmware?

I HAVE to have latest firmware....some just do :) I will take a little latency as possible.

Just heard I can send it to a service center to have it updated.
42 euros...

I can't BELIEVE they are serious!!!
Who ever heard of having to BUY an EXTRA product to upgrade one you already own!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: An XD-V75 Receiver is required in order to perform this upgrade. If you do not have access to an XD-V75 Receiver please contact your local Line 6 Customer Support Center for assistance.

This release is recommended for all G90 system owners who desire compatibility with Line 6's RF2 mode products. The benefits of RF2 mode on the G90 are as follows:
  1. Reduced latency
  2. Increased channel count to 14 total
  3. Less impact on other devices operating in 2.4GHz space
  4. Compatibility with other RF2 devices such as the XD-V75, XD-V55 and XD-V35.
Instructions for connecting the Relay G90 Receiver to Monkey:
  1. Obtain an XD-V75 Receiver
  2. Connect the XD-V75 Receiver to your PC or Mac using a USB cable
  3. Disconnect, then reconnect the DC power plug for the XD-V75
  4. Connect the XD-V75 Receiver to the G90 Receiver by using a cable with TRS to TRS (stereo) 1/4 inch phone plugs on either end. The cable should plug into the 1/4 inch audio output of both the XD-V75 and the G90 Receivers.
  5. Launch Line 6 Monkey, then Log In, then select "Relay G90 Receiver" as your device and follow the on screen instructions.

Reactions: jon
I have a G30 that I use at home (I hate cables that get wound up in my chair wheels!). Anyway - what bugs me about the G30 is that is does interfere with my wireless hub - as soon as I turn on the G30 Transmitter, my computer's wireless connectivity goes down. I'd love to have this fixed but the firmware upgrade sounds painful from what I read here.

So I found a XD-75 in the city and bought it home to try out this weekend, lol, has 30 day return policy ;)
Loaded up "Monkey" and flashed the base. It is a serial dump from the XD75 via a TRS cable. Went fine, the Transmitter through monkey was programmed OTA from the XD-75.

Both units are reporting ver 2.0 . I guess this means both units are now working on RF2 ? As I do not see RF1 selectable anywhere. No chance to try the system out yet. Full band day Saturday.

DOUBLE CHECK THE VERSION OF YOUR TRANSMITTER BEFORE YOU START !!!! It has to be at least at Ver 1.02
If yours is not, it really sucks because you have to send it in to Line 6. Totally dismal if you ask me.

Getting frequent intermittent cut outs. v1.04 G90.

Is the XD-75 my only hardware option to upgrade (other that sending it in for service)?

Or, can I wirelessly "splice" my wifi MAC or PC and Monkey to upgrade? Anybody know any tricks?

Back
Top Bottom