Recreate Eventide H9 presets on the Axe FX ?

rpducros2

Hi y'all... seriously debating getting a H9 MAX. Was wondering if anyone has tried to recreate the presets of an H9 on a Axe FX II XL+?

Seems like with the H9 app.. all the parameters are right there in front of your face. You would just need to tweak things in Axe Edit to get it to sound close.
Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

I love my H9 but to be honest I really only use it now for a few bits like shimmer if I run into trouble with CPU.

The h9 sounds great but my gut feel is that the max version might be overkill? You may find some algorithms that are hard to replicate on the Axe but I don't think there are many.

I'm pretty sure that when the day arrives I can't resist an axe 3, then the extra cpu will see my h9 go on the market.

I've had an Eventide Eclipse, and I've never been able to replicate the nuances of that shimer at the Axe-FX II

I've been considering a new setup these days and picking up an h9 to check out. The bluetooth editing seems really useful and having a bunch of nice presets sounds nice too. it's been mentioned here before how we are missing a more easy way to have h9 like presets. Meaning like multiblock presets or something.

The H9 is great. It is very handy pedal to take with you on different gigs. I have tried to convert a few presets to the Axe fx. Some are more easy to recreate than others. I love the reverbs in the H9. I also love the combined algos like Pitchfuzz and SpaceTime.

I use and really like the Eventide pedals. They sound great. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but haven't tried it yet. Having used both I think you could probably duplicate most (if not all) of the sounds you could get from an H9 with Axe AXFXII (or III). To me the Axe FX and the Eventide both have their own color of sound, for reverbs in particular. Maybe you could, but I don't think you could duplicate the reverb sound exactly. I don't feel the need to use my Eventide pedals with the Axe FXII except if I run into CPU problems then I might use the Eventide Reverb. I don't feel the need to use the Eventide pedals at all with the Axe FXIII.

Back
Top Bottom