Recording Vocals through Axe-FX II

ccc118

I'm trying to use my Axe-FX II as an interface to record vocals with. I'm using a mic preamp and tried running an instrument cable out of the preamp and into the instrument input on the front panel. I can only hear volume though my monitors with an amp block active. Is there any way to do this with all blocks bypassed so I can just pass through the signal from the mic in order to record via USB?

Just press the bypass button and everything will be bypassed in the axe, turn up the gain on the pre and your good to go

I tried the rear input as well and switched the input source to rear and still no sound unless an amp block is bypassed. I also tried boosting the output and cranked the level on my preamp and that didn't seem to work. I have run a set of v-drums through the rear input before in the past to run through some studio monitors and I'm pretty sure it worked this way with all blocks bypassed, but now I'm having the same issue where I need an amp block active to get sound. Anything else I should check?

I have a preset I have used for scratch vocals. It has has a compressor and tube preamp amp block (other stuff, like reverb, as needed). I used the second input and had to crank the input level, but it worked quite well.

I am recording a band at the moment. I use a Pre-amp Mixer right into the front input. I have never had better Vocal listning (without latency) ever.
A comp.. paralell delay,into a reverb block. Sounds sweet.

This way i record the prosesed signal,and the DI. (stereo in,and mono 1.. in cubase)

Ok I got this working. The bypass button on the front panel did the trick. Bypassing all of the individual blocks in the chain doesn't seem to work, but the bypass button is much easier anyway. I had never used it before and forgot it was even there. Thanks for your help.

Ok I got this working. The bypass button on the front panel did the trick. Bypassing all of the individual blocks in the chain doesn't seem to work, but the bypass button is much easier anyway. I had never used it before and forgot it was even there. Thanks for your help.
There certainly was a block with bypass setting set to "mute" that prevented audio passing through.

The bypass button on the front panel works different, that's why it worked.

There certainly was a block with bypass setting set to "mute" that prevented audio passing through.

The bypass button on the front panel works different, that's why it worked.

Good to know. I probably should have tried a different patch. I was just using the one I happened to have loaded at the time. I'll try it out later with a different one.

Back
Top Bottom