Recording other instruments/singing with a condenser mic?

tabqwerty

Inspired
I'm sure this has been covered in numerous previous posts, and I apologize in advance for not having read any of them or looked for a YouTube video that *might* be able to answer such a seemingly simple question (I'm just overly impatient). I can't seem to figure out which in/out in an audio track (and in Reaper's audio preferences) has to do with the "Digital I/O" 'In' jack where the XLR male end plugs into. Thank you for any answers!

the "Digital I/O" 'In' jack where the XLR male end plugs into. Thank you for any answers!

you are trying to plug a microphone into the Digital I/O In jack? have you read the manual? the thing on the other end of the cable has to be (a specific) something digital.

what does it say directly above those xlr jacks?

Last edited:
there is no XLR input on the Axe-Fx II for an analog device like a microphone.

you are referring to a digital input, labeled "Digital" and "AES/EBU." a microphone is not digital.

The same XLR worked with plugging in a Mackie powered stage monitor, yes. Why would a microphone not work with the same jack?

Sometimes the same type of connector is used for different things. For instance, the input and output jack on an effects pedal will generally both use a 1/4" phone jack, but they're different functions. In your case, you're comparing a monitor out to a mic in. Two entirely different things, even though they use the same type of connector.

It says "AES/EBU" aboxe the XLR input and below "Digital I/O"

You condensor mic is not a digital device. It won'y work. Moreover, most condenser mics require power (either battery or phantom power). Use a mic preamp (you'll probably need phantom power) in to the rear input 1 L of the Axe-fx. Set the input 1 left select to rear.

Back
Top Bottom