Recording of Jeff Beck's "The Pump" with Ultra - pls comment

Re: Recording of Jeff Beck's "The Pump" with Ultra - pls com

Great take on that song. Like some of your sensibility you brought to it; more hard rock than what Jeff did on the original in a lot of parts, but done in a very cool way. Even some of the Satriani stuff you threw in at the very end; that was cool!

Recorded direct and done very well. That's a VERY good backing track. Wow. Your choice for the video was also excellent.

Thumbs up!

I haven't heard the original to be honest, all I know is the "Blow by Blow" album by Jeff Beck :oops: so I can't really comment on that part.

It did remind me of Satriani as mentioned above, but not as a copy kind of way, more like in the way of a mood/melody thing.

And the video was awesome equally !

:shock: Wow, great take on a great song! Loved the images, too. I've mentioned this in another thread and got no response, but has anyone ever heard JB play "Skin Thieves" on an album by the Mood Swings? It could be his best solo, and he is definitely in a class all alone.
Really enjoyed this, very cool!

I loved it. Being a huge Jeff fan and loving the track. You did a great job

Great stuff!

About the Skin Thieves solo, nope, never heard that. Where can we hear it? Youtube is surprisingly not helping ...

His solo on Mustang Sally on a Buddy Guy cd is wonderful! Or his solo on Jimi's "Manic Depression" (Seal on vocals), both came out in the 90's. oh, and his tasty playing on Roger Waters's Amused to Death.
All great stuff!

Interestingly, when I saw Waters in 1999 with a couple fairly good blues players doing guitar duties, they were more than adequate when covering all eras of Roger's material, except the stuff Jeff played on!

IMHO, that's the best Axe-Fx clip I've heard to date.

Magic! Sounds great!

Checked out some of your other vids on YouTube... Awesome tones there!

FractalAudio said:
IMHO, that's the best Axe-Fx clip I've heard to date.

That's quite the statement. :shock:

Sounds awesome man!!! So with that being said, here comes the inevitable question:

"Patch please?"

:lol:

Beck -- of course

Nice! I didn't realize it was a Beck tune -- I had only heard the Carlton / Lukather versions on the "No Substitutions" CD and DVD. I should have known...

You guys might appreciate this story -- I saw the Carlton / Lukather tour. Lukather played first, and it was amazing -- flash and tone for days. Just amazing, he can go 0-100 in a second. How's Larry gonna top that? Nobody can top that. Larry stretches out his fingers, savoring the moment. Makes like it's no big deal. Then he plays a lick that goes through four different keys in two bars. Suddenly the black-and-white universe explodes in magnificent Technicolor. Oh, so *that's* music! :) Yes, I know, it takes all kinds. But it really was an impressive moment...

David

"There and Beck" is one of my fav 3 instrumental albums ever! (others for me are Sleepwalk by Larry Carlton and Surfing w the Alien, Satriani)

I didn't think you could get this sound from the Axe and it is one I would *love*! And I don't think it *is* the sound either (maybe if you use fingers and less saturation?).
If you join the tune mid-song, you would find it less of that true Beck sound, because you've lost the context. You need the starting vibe of the song to believe the tone, but some of it is surely there!

In any case, the playing is up there! Grats! :cool:

Here's a BT (could be the one)
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/ ... f/pump.htm

Bravooooo !!

Super son et super jeu !!!!

Tout le meilleur,
Nicolas

Hi guys, thanks again for all the fantastic comments! The patch is "Dumble Bee" by Matt_B from X-Change server. I had tweeked it only a little bit... You can find it in Bank I! Cheers,

Chris

I love that song, amazing tone and playing man, congratulations !

Back
Top Bottom