Recording level dry channel

Konstantin

Inspired
Hi. I plan to start recording. Axe-FX use as a sound card. Created two tracks. The first track takes the dry signal (in 3&4) for the future reamping. The second track takes the wet signal (in 1&2).
My question is. What level is necessary to dry track? Does it matter? Where the Axe-FX is regulated by the level of the dry signal or this is only possible in the DAW?

Dry output level is fixed (to facilitate reamping).

Wet output level can be adjusted in the preset or through Global EQ Gain.

Dry output level is fixed (to facilitate reamping).

Wet output level can be adjusted in the preset or through Global EQ Gain.

Hi Yek , I'm chiming to add more question ...
If I record straight to a soundcard with output 1 and I want to send a clean guitar sound to another channel of the same soundcard for reamping purpose , mirroring input to output 2 is the way to go ... Is better to maximise the front OUT2 knob or maybe there is a general and different rule for this kind of application?
When we do reamping with Axe as pur soundcard the "reamping track" have a really "low signal" ... As you stated , letting reamp more easy to do.
I assume that OUT 2 have a "big" part if we send our guitar signal straight to an Out (OUT2 )
I want to be "sure" to do tit he right way ...
Sorry for hijacking the thread

For Unity gain reamping purposes:

Record Analog & reamp Analog = Increase Dry Output Hardware Level control to max (as long, as you don`t boost/cut in the DAW).
Record & Reamp Digital = Unity Gain (as long, as you don`t boost/cut in the DAW)

I prefer the digital scenario via USB or S/PDIF to get rid of plus 3x AD/DA conversions from record to reamp target.

Thank you, yek. Another question please.
Is it possible that when recording wet-channel hear the sound with effect (enhancer for example), and make a record without effect. In this case how I have to build blocks of effects?

Recording wet output (channels 1+2, through Out1 or digital output or analog output) will contain the effects present on the grid.

Recording dry output (channels 3+4) will always be dry/direct.

Back
Top Bottom