Recommended Cabs For Each Amp

I use this for Fender Amps: http://www.thevintagesound.com/ffg/

I believe it to be the authority on control layouts and oem speakers.

The wiki and the spreadsheet both have some mis-information as compared to the field guide. Also, for some of the Fenders, I'm not sure of the exact circuit. E.g. is the 59 Bassguy a 5F6-A?

Just came acres' your post. Thanks hips for share this! Great job.

I made a google doc that has a list of amps and their recommended cabs, the controls on the original amps and a few other things that I found useful. This doc is a littler easier to look through than the Amp and Cab WIKIs if you just want a quick reference.
here is the link:

Note, I got this information from the Wiki for my own use some of it may be inaccurate.

Thank for this great job...........only new factory cabs are missing........I think, a lot of the old cabs (Redwirez....) should be replaced. There is a lot of stuff from ML which could be used or from own fractal cabpacks.

All screwy for me. Would prefer the ability to just have a download link so I could get it on my computer. As-is, it shows up as an embedded document, and currently it's just all wonkers.

I think, a lot of the old cabs (Redwirez....) should be replaced.

I disagree. :)

RW cabs have never lost their charm. Ultra-Res is not for everyone a must, and I'll bet that some players do not hear a difference. Also, the RW cabs offer of lot of variation, not found elsewhere in the Cab Packs. Such as the Hiwatt cabs, the Soldano cabs, G12H30 etc.

Excel format says, "This file is not available, because the upload was interrupted. You will not be able to download the file. Contact the owner if you need the file."

Last edited:
The links in post #30 work fine, those excel link in post #32 doesn't.
But i've got it now so thanks for your great work.

Back
Top Bottom