Recommendations for cheapy FX unit for ukulele?

tysonlt

Power User
We do a folk set where I support an acoustic guitarist with a ukulele.

It's fine when strumming chords, but for picking and soloing (yes I do, we're mad like that), it gets lost especially on the teensy top string.

I'm thinking a cheapy little multifx with a comp as a boost might be nice. Any recommendations?

Now I would much prefer an FM3, also for other smaller gigs, but they out of stock here in Aus.

Maybe look at a Zoom G1 (<$100). For a little more (<$200) you can get a Zoom Multi-stomp MS-70CDR.

Are you using a Fractal unit? If so, why not use the second input for the uke? Or you could get an AB switch.

Last edited:
Maybe one of the MOOER GE-Series?
Or one of the Hotone Amperos?
I have a MOOER GE200. Easy little thing with loads of options.
The Ampero is a little bigger and to me a bit better to operate. The Vol/Exp-Pedal has a better range.
Soundwise are both not on Fractal-level. But to get a boost or a little compression, they are both worth to consider.

Yeah I have an AFX but sometimes for duo it’s all ukulele and I don’t want to feel ridiculous with this big rig for a little uke. And I don’t want to lug it all if I don’t have to.

However I could create a uke preset.

But…. Toys!

Ampero stomp is pretty solid for the money, plus it's compact and pretty easy to find in Aus.

Back
Top Bottom