recommendations for best presets, go to's, etc for axe 3 please. on the exchange or outside vendors. TIA.

drsts

Inspired
unfortunately, i am not good at dialing up a great tone. i've tried and tried, i just suck at it. more dependant on other's presets for my enjoyment. any company, bundles, great ones on the axe exchange, etc would be more than appreciated. i like EVH, page, gilmour, rock, etc. but also clean stuff is great too. thanks so much and please don't judge my lack of talent in using the great axe 3 to its full capabilities. i've tried. any great experience with outside vendors of presets?

Last edited:
@austinbuddy and @fremen are both really good. If I had to choose just one paid for pack it would probably be Austin Buddy's "Live Gold". I highly recommend @simeon pack for ambient and more experimental presets. Even if they don't match your personal style of music they are very creative and inspiring. Those are donation based so only pay if you choose to. @yek has thread on here with a TON of presets from his personal library that are AWESOME. @2112 and @Burgs have a ton of presets up on the exchange and both usually have youtube videos accompanying them with either a tutorial on a particular feature of the AxeFx or a demo of them using the preset. If you haven't downloaded the artist presets directly from fractal you should check those out too. They are free and some good stuff there. Finally I actually think there are quite a few good factory presets as starting points... but the Austin Buddy or Fremen packs have a ton of great raw dialed in amps. If you search the forums you'll find quite a few similar threads on presets recommendations / debates on using or not using them. Good luck!

unfortunately, i am not good at dialing up a great tone. i've tried and tried, i just suck at it. more dependant on other's presets for my enjoyment. any company, bundles, great ones on the axe exchange, etc would be more than appreciated. i like EVH, page, gilmour, rock, etc. but also clean stuff is great too. thanks so much and please don't judge my lack of talent in using the great axe 3 to its full capabilities. i've tried. any great experience with outside vendors of presets?

Fremen would be your best bet seeing what you are looking for. Andy Wood just had a video out building an EVH sound that is better than any I bought before from various vendors. Also: Leon Todd has videos out where he builds a preset from scratch. Find sounds you like and build them following his lead.

thanks to everyone for their contributions. i will purchase those and now try to learn how to upload them. thanks again.

have purchased mr fremen's packs recently and just purchased austin buddy- gold and jimmy page offerings. will look at the others suggested. thanks. being a knoxville guy, i will support andy wood as well, great dude.

Last edited:
Btw, donation based doesn’t mean “only pay if you choose to”. It means “pay what you can afford, but try to bear in mind what you think they may actually be worth”. That’s my definition anyway. Disagree if you will.
Sorry about that... bad wording on my part.

Back
Top Bottom