Recommend some IR's to me!

JRod4928

Power User
I'm running my USA PRS CU24 into the AXE Standard then direct into FRFR.

I'm looking for a cab that makes my tone extremely clear (think: note clarity when playing broken chords) in a high-gain setting. I'm usually using the Mesa model amps (treadplate, IIC+, Mark IV, or USA Lead amp models).

Any IR recommendations? Sound clips would be awesome too :)

For those amps and FW 17, anything from Cab Pack 7 or the two factory IR's marked "CK".

Check you pickup height too. Lowering the pickups ever so slightly will increase note clarity but sacrifices a little output. You can compensate nicely in the Fractal with Input Trim though.

For those amps and FW 17, anything from Cab Pack 7 or the two factory IR's marked "CK".

Check you pickup height too. Lowering the pickups ever so slightly will increase note clarity but sacrifices a little output. You can compensate nicely in the Fractal with Input Trim though.

Axe Standard :) Can't use Cab Pack 7

Thanks for the tip.

Axe Standard :) Can't use Cab Pack 7

Thanks for the tip.

You can!

To do this thing you need to:
1) Buy cab-Lab
2) convert the IR files to standard res SYX files
3) use JoJo's utility (free - search this forum) to convert the SYX to WAV
4) use aomDSP (free - see Ownhammer website) to convert WAV to SYX for axe-fx standard/ultra
5) rock it

Last edited:

You can!

To do this thing you need to:
1) Buy cab-Lab
2) convert the IR files to standard res SYX files
3) use JoJo's utility (free - search this forum) to convert the SYX to WAV
4) use aomDSP (free - see Ownhammer website) to convert WAV to SYX for axe-fx standard/ultra
5) rock it

Interesting - does the IR retain it's quality when it's converted down to standard/ultra SYX file type?

That's right but if you don't own an axe-fx 2, you will never have ultrares, so you are not really 'losing' anything.

Back
Top Bottom