Recommend some factory pre-sets for playing a Bass thru FX-III

David777

I'm going to do some home recording and looking to use my FX-III for the bass parts.

Any recommendations for good Bass presets would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you poke around, Leon Todd @2112 had a video on a bass patch build … which I used to develop a modern bass preset.

It uses 2 filters to split the signal at 800 Hz with the lower freq.s to a comp, and the upper bits to an amp and cab.

That’s the main idea… (I think I also use a multiband compressor at the end for a few reasons)

IMG_1342.jpeg

I also really like the FAS bass amp factory preset. (I don't remember the name off hand. Look for FAS bass)

Not hard to make a bass preset...start with SV Bass 2 and the SV Bass 4x10s - add compressor, drive, filter, EQ, delay, reverb and any other effects to taste...just like you would for a guitar preset...not that you shouldn't buy a preset bundle if you so desire.

I like to use Flange on a bass.

1704401043112.png

Hello @siin82;

I'm terribly interested in what you're doing with the Filter, GEQ, and PEQ blocks.

Being terribly forward, would you consider sharing your preset? I completely understand if you do not wish to.

Thank you,
Vittorio

Hello @siin82;

I'm terribly interested in what you're doing with the Filter, GEQ, and PEQ blocks.

Being terribly forward, would you consider sharing your preset? I completely understand if you do not wish to.

Thank you,
Vittorio
I have two bass presets I use - each is tailored to the bass.

Pepper - has Nordstrand Big Splits
Clam - has Nordstrand Bigman 5s (humbuckers) and NP5 (5 string, 3 PU bass)

I use Filter, GEQ, PEQ like that in all my presets for tone sculpting. Here are the two bass presets - I only use scenes 1, 2 and 3 - the others don't sound good (haven't tweaked them) - the 3 scenes I use provide enough variety in bass sound for me.

Since I'm a guitar player playing bass, I tend to have my bass lines higher up on the neck so I can get them to stand out more in the mix. That's why you'll see mid boosts.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• MyBass-Clam.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
  • MyBass-Pepper.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
I have two bass presets I use - each is tailored to the bass.

Pepper - has Nordstrand Big Splits
Clam - has Nordstrand Bigman 5s (humbuckers) and NP5 (5 string, 3 PU bass)

I use Filter, GEQ, PEQ like that in all my presets for tone sculpting. Here are the two bass presets - I only use scenes 1, 2 and 3 - the others don't sound good (haven't tweaked them) - the 3 scenes I use provide enough variety in bass sound for me.

Since I'm a guitar player playing bass, I tend to have my bass lines higher up on the neck so I can get them to stand out more in the mix. That's why you'll see mid boosts.

Let me know what you think.
Thank you very much @siin82! I'm excited to play with these this eve!

If you poke around, Leon Todd @2112 had a video on a bass patch build … which I used to develop a modern bass preset.

It uses 2 filters to split the signal at 800 Hz with the lower freq.s to a comp, and the upper bits to an amp and cab.

That’s the main idea… (I think I also use a multiband compressor at the end for a few reasons)

View attachment 132415

I was digging around to find that video, I think this is it...

Thanks for posting this!

Back
Top Bottom