Wish reassignable amp control knobs (globally and overrideable per preset)

gitarald

Some example use cases:
  • Especially most "commercial"/"professional" presets use Scene Controllers (SC) more and more (mostly to overcome the preset switching lag).
    Most of these presets use the SC on the gain and/or master volume, so render the respective amp control knobs useless.
    To enable on-the-fly gain adjustments using the amp control knobs for those presets, either one needs to change the SC to control input/master trim instead (which however also changes how the preset sounds), OR be able to reassign the "Drive" and "Master" control knobs to the respective "trim" parameters.

• I never use the Depth parameter in any of my pressets, but I'd like to have an on-the-fly control knob for, say, the REV level/mix.
    So I'd like to globally reassign the "Depth" control knob to control the REV level.

• In some presets, I have a clean Amp which is only "driven" by a DRIVE pedal, so for this preset I'd like to reassign "Amp>Gain" to "Drive1>Gain".
Would something like that make sense to anyone else, too?

See also these threads:

Maybe the most elegant hardware solution to work with existing Axe8 would be to develop a customized profile for the open-source firmware of a MIDI Fighter Twister (encoding all the Axe8 SysEx stuff) and a road-worthy package for an arduino board with USB shield... I was exploring this option but it is going to be too committing for me given the amount of free time I have. I am settling for an iPad based solution with Fracpad. That looks to be pretty good, but these are all bandaids to solving what is fundamentally a user interface design flaw in an otherwise wonderful product. Usability is critical- it needs some dedicated attention.

Back
Top Bottom