Rear Input 1 Balanced/Unbalanced

knoll

Inspired
I thought Axe-fx didn't have balanced inputs but what does the "Balanced/Unbalanced" label mean in the rear panel at Input 1? http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_Wiki_Manual#Rear_Panel That is only in the Wiki online manual though. Official manual has the label only as "Unbalaced".

Just wondering is there a way to use the input somehow to obtain a balanced input? Some kind of a custom balanced cable split to left and right, then reversing other one, and mixing them together? :geek: :eek:

So basically my question is why has there at some point been the label "Balanced/Unbalanced"?

XLR outputs for Output1 are Balanced.
Check p 11 of the manual.

EDIT: wrong answer, different question.

I'm talking about Input 1 Rear. Check the Wiki link, in the pic it states "Balanced/Unbalanced" for Input 1.

XLR to TRS or TRS to TRS balanced cables are common, yes. But if I plug balanced cable to the rear input 1, will I get a balanced connection (assuming the source provides balanced out)? My guess is no.

I'm just wondering why, at some point, the input has been labeled as "Balanced/Unbalanced" but now it is just labeled "Unbalanced"? I mean that can I get a balanced connection e.g. if I use custom cable like XLR to 2xTS or TRS to 2xTS and plug the TS ends to Left and Right. Then in the axe-fx I would flip e.g. Left and mix that together with Right.

knoll said:
I'm talking about Input 1 Rear. Check the Wiki link, in the pic it states "Balanced/Unbalanced" for Input 1.

it is unbalanced. That pic is from the original manual that had a mistake in the picture.

Many units, even when firmly inserting a balanced end, become severely unbalanced. (remembering another thread from days gone by)

Back
Top Bottom