Reaper on discount

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
I payed 60 for the license, they are going for 40 now! That must the 4.0 is going to drop soon!
That is some customer service to offer a discount before releasing a new version! (I read about Avid charging full multi-thousands right before dropping new versions, not these guys!)

60 bucks was a steal for Reaper, 40 is criminal! I don't even begrudge them for not doing it sooner, I think I got my money's worth already when I payed 60, that's how much I like this program.

Does anyone remember the Reaper template Redwires made available to mix IRs with? Just load the template, record some dry guitar (with amp without cab, horrid) and select the cab in the convolution reverb that is built into Reaper itself from the start! No additional plugins necessary. Add more tracks with more reverb and mix like you would mix music.

BTW, I have nothing to do with this company, other than just liking the program.

I've used a lot of DAWs; too many to list. I always defaulted back to Cubase, but ran with Samplitude and others. (Live, Pro Tools LE, etc.).

Then I tried, on a lark, Reaper. Free trial for a month? Why not?

I bought the license a year ago (two years?) and haven't used anything else since. It's rock solid and feature rich. I love that program, more than the ones I paid close to $500 for.

If it is time for 4.x... bring it on please. Great support to boot.

I use Reaper since version 2 and I really appreciate how it has improved it's functionality in these years.
As written at the end of the page:

REAPER 4 is expected to be released near the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011.

I'm waiting......

the reaper web site said:
Existing REAPER 3 license holders will receive REAPER 4 as a free upgrade, and will continue to receive free upgrades through REAPER 4.99.

Existing REAPER 2 license holders will be able to purchase a new REAPER 4 license of the same type for $50.
The new license will include free upgrades through REAPER 5.99. This offer will be available after REAPER 4
is released.
Sah-weet! (I believe I bought on v2, when it was $50 in the first place.)

$40 through v4.99 for the new folks now? awesome deal!

Diego said:
I use Reaper since version 2 and I really appreciate how it has improved it's functionality in these years.
As written at the end of the page:

REAPER 4 is expected to be released near the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011.

I'm waiting......
Since this is the Fractal board, that's pretty quick!

I'm good 'till 4.999 but I can't get over how some others will just ask top dollar until the new version IS released.
Cockos treats their prospected customers very well indeed.

Shows how paranoid I've become by being treated as milkcows.

Thank you Fractal, Redwires, Cockos for proving not everyone is in it only for the money. Haven't dealt with Atomic but they appear to be like that too.
This builds loyalty.

Bought Repear earlier this year! Cool stuff...

So I wonder how much it will be when 5 comes out? :p
Existing REAPER 3 license holders will receive REAPER 4 as a free upgrade, and will continue to receive free upgrades through REAPER 4.99.

When 4 has come out, licenses until 5.99 will be 60,- again.

But by the time I get to 4.99 I bet there will be a sweet deal for the next license (5 to 6.99). :D

Thanks for the heads up Dutch. Think I'll give Reaper another try. It looks like it has evolved since I tried it a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom