Reaper and Axe-Fx II

EightmanVT

Inspired
I hate being a problem child - but I have yet another question. I've been playing the new presets for the last hour or so - but I'm finding that I have to reboot Reaper about every song or so. What happens is it suddenly starts introducing a lot of extra noise (I'm playing via USB into my iMac) - closing and reopening Reaper makes it go away for another 5 min or so. I don't know if it's relevant or not - but I wasn't experiencing this previously. Any idea what it might be or how to get rid of it? It's not clipping - it's not input or output clipping - it's something going on with Reaper.

Wow - this is really frustrating. I just continues to happen. I tried recording it - played it back in Reaper - heard the noise - thought ok - I'll post it here. Rendered it out to an AIFF - gave it a quick listen and that has no noise. Something's amiss with Reaper but I don't have a clue.

Even more bizarrely - after rendering it - and listening with preview in OS X - I closed the render window - and the noise was gone - both from the live monitor as well as the recording.

latency settings ?

bydefault2012-01-27at90718PM.png

bydefault2012-01-27at90724PM.png

I'm not sure what to do about this. Should I look into Logic? Seems like a waste of the 60 bucks that I paid for Reaper.

Reaper worx great for me. I'm not a Mac guy... so it may be related to your aggregate device setup.. also you have 600ms for media buffer where the default is 1200ms. Nor do I have the sample rate or request block specifically set. Yes, sample rate is 48k from the Axe, but not setting it doesn't seem to both Reaper on Windows. Might be worth a try.

Reaper worx great for me. I'm not a Mac guy... so it may be related to your aggregate device setup.. also you have 600ms for media buffer where the default is 1200ms. Nor do I have the sample rate or request block specifically set. Yes, sample rate is 48k from the Axe, but not setting it doesn't seem to both Reaper on Windows. Might be worth a try.

I had halved the buffer size just hoping it would improve latency - but I'm not sure it did. I can certainly put it back and see if there's a difference. I'll tinker a little more tomorrow - but I guess if I can't get it to stay noise free for more than 5 min - I'll have to give logic a try. I appreciate the response.

Just for whatever it's worth - I deleted the aggregate device and recreated it - and so far it's been holding up. I've gotten a solid hour of playing in - whereas I was restarting Reaper every 3-5min previously. So - if you encounter this problem - give that a try. If it conks back out - then I'll remove this tentative solution.

Back
Top Bottom