REAMP OF SONG KILLSWITCH ENGAGE DI'S!!

schlagdog

Inspired
So it took me forever so get the reamp working and had to over come latency problems but I got it as good as it will get. I wanted to compare a reamp with POD FARM to a REAMP with the AXEFX2. POD FARM took me 30 seconds to do and since it a plug in it basically had to lacency issues. AXEFX2 was a struggle but I imagine anytime you are shooting something to an outboard device there will be latency issues. I used the NEW ORANGE RECTO with a mix of both the IR's I made from my V30 Warhead cab using the power section of a Mesa Triple Rec and a Peavey XXX. I figured I would start a new thread with this so you all could have a listen. Reamping is pretty damn fun once you can get it all figured out. However they DI their guitars it sure sounds better than me playing into these patched with my own guitar. JUST ADDED THE UBER TEST!! MUCH MORE SACK!!

POD FARM

AXEFX2

AXEFX2 using EURO UBER model

Attachments

• UBER PATCH.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 50
  • XXX V30 SM57 45'(2).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 15
  • XXX V30 SM57 .syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Is it just me or the POD Farm reamp sounds better :S

Yeah, the POD clip is more in your face and up front than the Axe clip, but that is more likely a result of the choice of cab or reverb etc than a measure of quality. I've never used Pod farm, but I know from many comments from engineers that it is notorious for sounding decent by itself, but difficult to get it to sit right in a mix. Maybe L6 has improved on things...I don't know. I do know that the L6 clip there certainly sounded pretty good to my ears.

POD FARM took me 30 seconds to do also. I just plugged in my metal patch I usually use. People always say how bad L6 stuff is but I never had an issue. POD FARM also cost $99-$200 dollars. I kinda compared apples to oranges amp with though. I'll reamp it using the same type of amps and cabs in both.

Pod is more in your face, Axe is more detailled it sounds more like a real miced cab.

i like the pod version also more than the axe2 version..but i think it depends on what you want...and also on the settings of the axe

The cab and amp model I used in pod farm has WAY more mids. I'll do an AXEFX reamp with the Über patch I have that will pump it up.

when doin tests like this id recommend using the same cab or IR. Maybe u can reamp both with just the amp and do a cab sim with an RW or OH IR in your DAW. Otherwise we just compare the cab sims of the pod farm or the the Axe-Fx II

I think it's definitely apples and oranges here.... If they had similar EQ I'd imagine the Axe would blow it out of the water.... it has so much more "Crunch" than the pod stuff.

Just added a new reamp with the EURO UBER model and the same cabs I used with the Recto. I pulled an amp out with more midrange bite this time.

Great playing! Love the riffs in this song. :)

Now, about the tones: I just compared them with the real song, and neither of them are bright enough IMO. You might be able to get there with the POD (just a guess, never owned a POD), and I KNOW you could get there with the Axe.

Great playing! Love the riffs in this song. :)

Now, about the tones: I just compared them with the real song, and neither of them are bright enough IMO. You might be able to get there with the POD (just a guess, never owned a POD), and I KNOW you could get there with the Axe.

It's Killswitch's playing. Its their DI stems from the song. I actually haven't even listened to the original version of the song yet. I just wanted to demo some sounds on the axefx and the one I did on POD FARM. I'll try and clone their tone some other time when I feel I can sit in front of the computer and A/B to the original properly.

Just listened to the Euro Uber clip... if your intent is to match the recorded tone as closely as possible, I still think all the clips actually have too much midrange, not quite enough highs.

I do like the tones you've recorded, though. They're just not quite matching the original recording. Again, assuming that was what your intent was.

Heck, I just want to learn how to play that song... never heard it before, and I really like the riffs! Thanks for leading me to something new (well, for me it is anyway)! I really wish they wouldn't scream though. I know, I know... it's part of their "thing"... it just distracts from the great guitar work, IMHO. Sorry, I strayed a bit there. :D

It's Killswitch's playing. Its their DI stems from the song. I actually haven't even listened to the original version of the song yet. I just wanted to demo some sounds on the axefx and the one I did on POD FARM. I'll try and clone their tone some other time when I feel I can sit in front of the computer and A/B to the original properly.

Ack, I keep posting while you are. Sorry. :eek:ops

What is this "DI stems" you're referring to? Can you download them (legally) somewhere? Are they similar to what I know as "isolated" tracks?

Just listened to the Euro Uber clip... if your intent is to match the recorded tone as closely as possible, I still think all the clips actually have too much midrange, not quite enough highs.

Read my last post. I still haven't listened to the original song yet. I'm just putting out some tone samples....................
Just went to youtube and refreshed my memory on the original. That will be easy to achieve. Way less mids and more high end in a Recto module and it will be perfect. Most people on here liked the POD FARM sound because of the mids but I knew the real album version would never have that much midrange. Their tone will be a breeze to nail.

Last edited:
Ack, I keep posting while you are. Sorry. :eek:ops

What is this "DI stems" you're referring to? Can you download them (legally) somewhere? Are they similar to what I know as "isolated" tracks?

Yep, we talking over each other. Their is a post in this same forum under recordings that have the stems. it's called ANYONE INTERESTED IN DOING AN ROS REAMP.

Back
Top Bottom