Reamp DI Track Front Input

Ironwill

Experienced
Hey when I want to reamp a DI track from my Interface through the Axe -fx, do I need a reamp box (Radial X-amp) before the Axe Inst. front Input?? Or is it alright to go straight from the Interface line level in to the Front Input or rather Rear Input,

(Not a low level Axe fx DI track!)

What you guys would suggest or prefer for reamping?

If it's a line level signal, it's probably better to use the rear inputs on the Axe. The front input is designed specifically for guitar and bass input, while the rear inputs are designed for line level inputs. Don't forget to adjust the input level in the I/O menu to ensure you are getting the proper level at the A/D converters.

If it's a line level signal, it's probably better to use the rear inputs on the Axe. The front input is designed specifically for guitar and bass input, while the rear inputs are designed for line level inputs. Don't forget to adjust the input level in the I/O menu to ensure you are getting the proper level at the A/D converters.

It won't matter. The impedance is the same (provided that it is not changed by the preset) and the signal level sent should still be very low so you are not likely to have to worry about clipping the input. As long as the input signals are set right, either way should be good.

Back
Top Bottom