Really want a preset based off SRV’s couldn’t stand the weather live at the capitol theatre. Or at least a preset based off of his tone from that time

coodpy

His tone here is unbelievable, but really hard to pin down. If anyone has a preset for it or a preset for his tone during this time period, that would be amazing. I’ve been trying to do it myself but I’ve been struggling immensely.

IDK, his tone is his tone. To me that is the exact same tone as crossroads or tightrope. It's SRV.
I do't think it is in the pickups but many mention Texas Specials. There are some presets floating around here. have you searched the forums.
I don't have time right now but they are here. for you to try. Tyler Grund had a great one years ago.
The IR for tylers original SRV presets was a pair of JBLS.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ultimate-srv-tones.197415/

It looks like he's alternating between positions 2 and 4 on his Strat. That's going to make a difference, too.

It looks like he's alternating between positions 2 and 4 on his Strat. That's going to make a difference, too.
What are those pickups? My eyesight sucks but they almost look like covered (ala Tele) pickups? I'm sure they aren't but?

Thanks yall. Ill check out your guys' links when I get home. And yeah those pickups remind me of danelectro pickups. For some reason its not letting me respond to individual people.

Back
Top Bottom