Realistic price of the FM3 in the UK after Brexit

napalm.death

Hello there :) My first post here, I'm soon to be a proud owner of the FM3. I got an e-mail that my device will ship around mid-February. I live in the UK so if anyone could tell me how all the new after-Brexit procedure works and how the total price will change I'd be really grateful. In the e-mail the stated price was 1266 EUR (that's the price including VAT). I tried to look on the government's website and I searched everywhere but the info is either non-existent or more complicated than quantum physics formulas... Do I pay price without VAT to the G66 guys and then I pay VAT in the UK with all additional charges or do I pay VAT with German price and then in the UK again? And how much more I'll have to pay now in total? Any help very appreciated :) Thanks

Hello Mate,I am waiting for my FM3 as well, i think you pay G66 without the VAT then pay the VAT when it gets here so hopefully it won't cost anymore than before brexit.

You might want to order rapidly if you don't speak French or German. The english language, actually one of the 3 official EC languages, now represents less than 1% of CE inhabitants' mother language. Talks will be ongoing shortly to replace it by Spanish and or Italian as the translation costs to English on yearly basis are about 290billion Euros.

In order to understand the future tax regulations you'll have to take a language course first 🤣

If we in the UK have to pay extra charges now, such as import duty, courier fees, etc, when ordering from GU66, could we not order Fractal products straight from the US instead.....probably just as expensive??

Perhaps Fractal should look at opening a dealership with someone in the UK then, because i think the knock on expense of Fractal products in the UK, after brexit, may lose them some sells??

Not sure what you mean by that?...
But i gotta say, in the past i've bought the Axe ultra, AX8, and the FM3 from GU66, and they have always been helpful and professional.

My point was to say that due to extra duties, etc, to people in the UK, they maybe put off from buying from the EU now.
My example is that i want a couple EV2's, but they have been out of stock since late 2020, but now with extra costs involved, i'll probably opt for a alternative make sourced in the UK instead?

I meant a pathetic waste of breath by a moderator in my thread. Yeah in the UK the price for Quad Cortex is set, for kemper too, but buying a fractal is a lottery, because you can only buy it from the EU with unknown additional charges. I'm sure it will be a reason more people will choose the competitors.

There will be no additional charges. The price will be the same as before brexit.
I don't think there's any possibility that buying fm3 from Germany in the UK before and after brexit will cost exactly the same. I understand that price on G66's end won't change, but vat is higher in the UK than in Germany and all those unclear UK duty tax, import fees etc. Does anyone know do I pay G66 price without vat and then pay all fees before delivery within UK or I pay full price with vat? I just don't want to be hit with vat twice...

+1
I hoped there wouldn't be any additional charges from GU66, just concerned about the VAT, import duty, and charges from the courier for collecting these fees?

I don't think there's any possibility that buying fm3 from Germany in the UK before and after brexit will cost exactly the same. I understand that price on G66's end won't change, but vat is higher in the UK than in Germany and all those unclear UK duty tax, import fees etc. Does anyone know do I pay G66 price without vat and then pay all fees before delivery within UK or I pay full price with vat? I just don't want to be hit with vat twice...

Have you tried to contact G66? Seems like that would be the best place to start.

p.s. While you brushed off Ole's reply, his signature is "G66 Warehouse manager"

Reactions: Ole
I did notice that Ole was GU66's warehouse manager, it's just that his reponse was rather short and vague. I thank him for responding, but is he saying that there will be definitely no extra costs involved, in terms of import tax, etc, now we've left the EU?

I did notice that Ole was GU66's warehouse manager, it's just that his reponse was rather short and vague. I thank him for responding, but is he saying that there will be definitely no extra costs involved, in terms of import tax, etc, now we've left the EU?
He stated unequivocally that there would be no change in cost. How is that vague?

Vague, as in not mentioning import tax, where VAT is paid, courier admin fees......
As for worth it....what is it??
I guess from your response, your happy to pay double they cost in the US?

Back
Top Bottom