AFIII Real Mesa Dual Rectifier vs Axe-Fx III and input impedance woes...

Yeah I did some tests with a miked cab vs Two Notes and an IR shot of that mic up. I essentially got a straight line but the low end had a scoop on it. Nothing too big though.. it was like 1dB or so but still, not flat.
Depends on the amp. Mesas have a lot of negative feedback so the speaker impedance has less influence on the response. Repeat that test with an AC-30 and see what you get ;).

Depends on the amp. Mesas have a lot of negative feedback so the speaker impedance has less influence on the response. Repeat that test with an AC-30 and see what you get ;).
Haha.. luckily I get to use screaming guitar cabs most of the time. This is just here because we just got a baby and when she's sleeping I need to keep it down. :)

Whereas I was initially very pleased with my UA OX, now believe the LB-2 produces a more authentic tone when used with the III, which is confirmed by Cliff’s statements ...

quick question about the LB2..
says on the web site it can only handle 100W amps. guess i can't use that with a peavey 6505 which is 120w?
It's only 120W if you turn the master volume up high. If you keep the MV at reasonable settings then it would be fine.

Reactions: ang
Back
Top Bottom