Reactive load full stack

51389E69-9454-4829-BCA7-3622FD83E4FA.jpeg

My thoughts on the full stack:

Fractal x-load: the best and smoothest interaction with my amp. The UK/US switch is fantastic.

Masterplant: up there with the Fractal only because the ability to move the resonance peak, variable resonance peak control, and variable presence. It’s definitely a home made product so don’t expect the same level of product construction as the X-load but is another great flavor of a load box.

OxBox: load sucks but using the RCA line in with the other load boxes is great because the speaker emulations are really solid. I’ve wanted to sell it a few times but whatever they’re doing in that box (IR + speaker modeling + room IRs is my guess) sounds fantastic.

I love my Axe Turbo cab block with UltraRes IRs but with the Ox I don’t have to try tons of IRs to get what I want. I do however still use the FullRes IRs often as they produce many different flavors of rooms where the Ox is one room.

Last edited:
I think when dialed in correctly the the algorithms they use for speaker simulation sound a notch better than IR's ..the reverb is really nice also and
the EQ's
Yeah i think so but anyway could be limitating havinh just the cabs they had..

View attachment 100079

My thoughts on the full stack:

Fractal x-load: the best and smoothest interaction with my amp. The UK/US switch is fantastic.

Masterplant: up there with the Fractal only because the ability to move the resonance peak, variable resonance peak control, and variable presence. It’s definitely a home made product so don’t expect the same level of product construction as the X-load but is another great flavor of a load box.

OxBox: load sucks but using the RCA line in with the other load boxes is great because the speaker emulations are really solid. I’ve wanted to sell it a few times but whatever they’re doing in that box (IR + speaker modeling + room IRs is my guess) sounds fantastic.

I love my Axe Turbo cab block with UltraRes IRs but with the Ox I don’t have to try tons of IRs to get what I want. I do however still use the FullRes IRs often as they produce many different flavors of rooms where the Ox is one room.
Looks like you enjoy trying load box solutions.
I have the Fractal LB2 and have had great results.

Have you tried any direct box solutions instead of a load box? Curious on how different the results are.
Difference between the two solutions seems to be that the direct box (like a behringer ultra G, or Kemper DI) they plug into a guitar cab (to take the load) and they just have a direct out that has a line level amp output.
I always wonder if, since they are connected to a cab, does the line level output capture the interaction between the amp and cab better than what the LB2 is doing with it's US/UK switch?
They're cheap enough to try, I just haven't got around to it yet....curious if you have?

Back
Top Bottom