RCF NX 12-SMA at rehearsal last night

javajunkie

I brought the RCFs to rehearsal last night to see how they worked in a band context. I mounted them on speaker stands. The singer was a bit worried that it would rip his ears off.

I didn't make any adjustment on the axe-fx from using the atomic 50/50 and atomic cabs. I thought it probably would need adjustments. After playing though a few songs. I don't think I will do much adjustment at all.

I really liked these. It cut through nicely with a lots less ear fatigue than I am used to. I was very happy with solid low end - beefy with out being muddy or flubby.

After rehearsal the singer commented on how much he liked the monitors. He said he could hear me clear with out it killing his ears.

Very happy here.

Similar experience for me as a floor monitor. I am going to try the pole mount and shoot it cross-stage. Everyone in my band but me uses IEMs, so it is just for me to get sound all over. I really enjoyed the sound of the RCF, and definitely concur with the "less fatigue" impression. Very easy on the ears. I am looking forward to being able to afford a second.

Well, I just joined the RCF family myself. Just talked to Mike and ordered 2 of the 12's.... now the sell off begins so I can pay my CC bill by the time it comes due...

I can't wait... still haven't been able to hear my AXE through a nice FRFR set up yet, only desk monitors of mediocre quality. Very excited!!

nater said:
Well, I just joined the RCF family myself. Just talked to Mike and ordered 2 of the 12's.... now the sell off begins so I can pay my CC bill by the time it comes due...

I can't wait... still haven't been able to hear my AXE through a nice FRFR set up yet, only desk monitors of mediocre quality. Very excited!!

Oh man! I thought you were waiting Nater, now I'm the only one!!! Agh!!!

Manny Fufish said:
Oh man! I thought you were waiting Nater, now I'm the only one!!! Agh!!!

I know... My GAS got the best of me. But I needed a decent monitor anyways so I decided to grab 'em. I'm still going to get a matrix for my cabs and other future passive options.

Problem is I won't be able to get a good run through until I get back from vacation in about 2 weeks. They'll be waiting for me when I get home!!!

Anxious to hear your review. :)

Off-topic question:how much does the rcf cost in usa?

I bought mine last year for 1111€.Now i am looking for a second one and the price went up to 1399€!!!(Thomann cyberstore-germany)

Back
Top Bottom