Rattle inside atomic reactor active cabinet

Kluner

Love the active cabinets, but have been noticing some extra vibration / rattle coming from the left side (when looking at it) of one of my 3 month old atomic fr cabinet. The noise is definitely rattling inside the cabinet...not externally. I also have the cab mounted on an auralex great gramma (sound isolation platform) to get it off the floor. Note: it isn't the preset, the room or the EQ, etc....I have two identical atomic cabinets and the other is performing just fine. It seems to be more pronounced when I play lower notes at higher volumes (master volume on active cabinet currently at noon...axe-fx between 9-11 o'clock.

Is there something that I can do to remedy or further diagnose this? Is there an easy way to take the cabinet apart and look inside to tighten a loose bolt or something? I obviously don't want to void my warranty or damage the equipment....

I currently have an email into support, but if there is a way to fix this without having to box it up and send it away, that would be ideal.

Anyone else have any experience dealing with this issue?

thanks for any insight you can provide.

I remember someone else having a similar problem. He looked inside and found there were only two screws holding the speaker in place.

Take the front off as well, to make sure it's not the plastic piece from the porthole.
They are known to become unglued (one of mine still is at the moment, but it doesn't rattle though).

Take the front off as well, to make sure it's not the plastic piece from the porthole.
They are known to become unglued (one of mine still is at the moment, but it doesn't rattle though).

How do I remove the front cover? I took out the 4screws but it is still very much attached.

I just tried again and I can get it off by pulling on the logo alone. Should the logo come off, that would be an added advantage ;)
It's a very simple thing, you can't damage it by pulling some really. It's the rough wood and good fit that are causing it.
The ideal might be something that hooks behind the screw holes.
The porthole is down left, the tweeter right up (on the normal powered Atomics).

Probably your plastic cone in the bass reflex opening is loose. You just need to apply some glue on it and apply some pressure until it's glued.
My atomic had this problem. Fixed it in about 15mins.
Of course it might be something else in your case, but you can check it out and see.

Probably your plastic cone in the bass reflex opening is loose. You just need to apply some glue on it and apply some pressure until it's glued.
My atomic had this problem. Fixed it in about 15mins.
Of course it might be something else in your case, but you can check it out and see.

+1

Had the same issue with 3 Atomics that I owned. Poor glue choice in the factory (IMO).

I called Atomic today and got a rapid response with clearance to use a bit more force on the cover (I was exerting 99% of what was needed…just need to push that little bit more with a flat head screwdriver). You are all correct, once I got the cover off, it was the plastic bass reflex port….. it was completely free moving (bad initial glue job at factory). The glue is setting right now, so I'll put it back together tomorrow and test things out. Problem Solved...no more motorboat sounds out of my cabinet :)

Thanks all for your quick responses (at a minimum I've saved the cost of UPS back and forth).

Back
Top Bottom