Ratt - Round and round

Love it! Very well done - this rocks!! I loved playing this stuff when I was younger and I had a blast playing with this patch today. Thanks for posting this. :)

What a lesson you taught me! I played along with your solo guitars and the tone was exactly the same. The guitars in a mix are a totally different animal than all alone! I guess in used to all the polish and eq post production. The tone alone sounded fizzy to me. In the mix it's perfect!
I guess this will be my studio lead tone! Live I'll need more bottom and less presence...

What a lesson you taught me! I played along with your solo guitars and the tone was exactly the same. The guitars in a mix are a totally different animal than all alone! I guess in used to all the polish and eq post production. The tone alone sounded fizzy to me. In the mix it's perfect!
I guess this will be my studio lead tone! Live I'll need more bottom and less presence...

Great !!! I'm glad it worked out for you and that it was educational. :D

the tone is amazing you should do a dokken cover

The Hunter! Lynch had amazing tone on that one.

BTW, you should post your Lynch patch of the recording on SoundCloud....loved it!!

Great job on the patch and the playing is amazing.

FWIW, I downloaded and set the amp graphic EQ flat, you had some low end out of it for your recording. Sounds good to me, yes it is "thinner" than some of my other Marshall/JCM presets but as stated before, I think guitar rock tone has shifted since the 80's.....obviously!!

Warren certainly had amazing tone on Out of the Cellar and Invasion!

Well done, I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
The Hunter! Lynch had amazing tone on that one.

BTW, you should post your Lynch patch of the recording on SoundCloud....loved it!!

Great job on the patch and the playing is amazing.

I really love your Ratt patch mailbox! good stuff

I agree that "The Hunter" has an amazing rhythm tone and I would love to hear someone nail that one!!

Please post your SoundCloud patches for Surfing With The Alien, Lynch, & the Trooper as well! Pretty Please!!

Get it done mailbox!! lol

Last edited:
I really love your Ratt patch mailbox! good stuff

I agree that "The Hunter" has an amazing rhythm tone and I would love to hear someone nail that one!!

Please post your SoundCloud patches for Surfing With The Alien, Lynch, & the Trooper as well! Pretty Please!!

Get it done mailbox!! lol

Thank you Willowdale. :D Unfortunately I never saved the trooper patch. But I'll see if I can recreate it from memory. Also the surfing with alien cover I did was not done with the axe fx, as it was done a few years ago before I had an axe fx.

cool ! that sounds very close.
does any one here know what Dimartini was using on this first Album? was he already on the Slos' or is this a marshall?

I was actually just watching a DiMartini interview the other day and he said that for solos he used a Fender Champ. I can't remember what he boosted it with though.

WD: Well on Out of the Cellar, Robbin Crosby and I had 100-Watt Marshalls and a couple of cabinets. He had Celestions in them and I had EVs. He had Marshall cabinets; I had his old Orange cabinets that I bought from him when he moved to LA a year or two before that point. So I had Orange cabinets, and in one of those cabinets I had 200-Watt EVs. The cabinets probably weighed three tons.

They wouldn’t break up much, so when we got to the lead overdub parts of Out of the Cellar, I said to the engineer “I wish I could get a sound like I get from my practice amp because that sound is really inspiring.” At one point he said, “Well why don’t you bring it in and we can mic that up?” And I remember saying “Can we do that?” He was like, “Yeah you can; it doesn’t matter.” This was the first time we had been in that [big studio] environment so it was really a learning experience.

So I did that. We took the back off the Orange cabinet and it was a Fender Super-Champ and I just took the leads from the Super-Champ and connected them to one EV speaker and that was what I used for the lead guitar on the record. I was using the Orange cabinet with the amp section from the Super Champ.

WD: Well on Out of the Cellar, Robbin Crosby and I had 100-Watt Marshalls and a couple of cabinets. He had Celestions in them and I had EVs. He had Marshall cabinets; I had his old Orange cabinets that I bought from him when he moved to LA a year or two before that point. So I had Orange cabinets, and in one of those cabinets I had 200-Watt EVs. The cabinets probably weighed three tons.

They wouldn’t break up much, so when we got to the lead overdub parts of Out of the Cellar, I said to the engineer “I wish I could get a sound like I get from my practice amp because that sound is really inspiring.” At one point he said, “Well why don’t you bring it in and we can mic that up?” And I remember saying “Can we do that?” He was like, “Yeah you can; it doesn’t matter.” This was the first time we had been in that [big studio] environment so it was really a learning experience.

So I did that. We took the back off the Orange cabinet and it was a Fender Super-Champ and I just took the leads from the Super-Champ and connected them to one EV speaker and that was what I used for the lead guitar on the record. I was using the Orange cabinet with the amp section from the Super Champ.

It's funny with all the jury rigging they did back then, but it came out so good. George Lynch has some of those stories as well.

Back
Top Bottom