Randy Rhoads - Crazy Train - Tone Match

Thanks All....
Was anyone able to grab my preset for succeful download and use? I will try to replace the file if need be.... It worked when I download it.

Gman, wil try it tonight. Thank you for making sure it works for everyone! -many do not follow up........

you're welcome. I want to make sure I am sharing as well....so many on here give so much so it is the least I can do being a newbie :)
I also want to make sure I am saving my preset correctly and tone match exporting etc. I am still new to this! haha

What I love about this post is how it shows how an amp tone by itself is one thing but how it fits in a mix is a whole other thing.
If I heard amp sound by itself I would say I would never use that but in the mix it is perfect.
Jimmy Page is a great example of this.
When I am in the studio I seem adjust my amp very differently than I do for gigs or for playing by myself.
Crazy train sounds real good.
Chris

Didn't work for me either

Thanks Edge. Yes, which brings up a good point.

When I did the tone match I was using out 1 L/R to Matrix GT1000FX (with CAB sims TURNED OFF).

I then was going to MIC my cab with an SM57 (Genz Benz 2x12 G-Flex) and record live but what I did was use the XLR's from Out 1 straight into the M-audio interface.
The recording you are hearing is direct from XLR Out 1 to the M-Audio with CAB SIMS turned off as I had my Genz Benz cabs on through the matrix while playing live with monitors on.
Here is the preset again with just a 4x12 V30 CAB block installed to give a starting point for others to use. Hope that helps some confusion.

View attachment 11685

Man I dont know whats going on. Still not working for me. Has anyone got the patch to work?

When I load the new patch its very boomy, very broken up and does not sound good at all. I tried switching differnt cabs but nothing worked. I really want to play this patch. It sounds so good from the OP post!

Thanks for verifying kfliegner. I also updated the patch and inserted the cab block.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback on this one! Motivated to some others now haha!

It was your updated patch that I tried; or did you update it a second time?

I wonder how this would sound live.

Well, my initial tone match was with my Genz Benz G-flex 2x12 cabinets hooked up to my MATRIX GT1000FX-2U (CAB sims turned OFF/Power Amp sims ON) and thats how I grabbed the tone match (may be why my preset is causing havoc with some).
The tone sounded amazing at 'live' volumes in my home studio when I hit 'enter' for that tone match! Will have to try it on stage sometime soon... hah

Yes! Success! That sounds fantastic! GuitarMan86, you did one hell of a job and thanks for getting that TM block to work mailbox103.

I think this was the first patch I played and instantly smiled, it sounded so good..

What TM do you have planned next GuitarMan?

Back
Top Bottom