Random preset loading

Tonemeister

Experienced
On firmware 8.01a. When I power up the Axe it loads preset 104 for some reason. I could have it on any preset# when it gets powered down, then when I power it on that preset will display briefly and then almost instantaneously switch to preset # 104.

Does this happen with the MFC disconnected?
Also, no usb? No Axe-edit?
Thanks for the troubleshooting 101. Ha. I just checked and it only does it with the MFC connected (FM v2.13). Always goes to preset 104 which is unfortunately a cheesy Pop Gate patch.

The MFC remembers the last preset sent and sends that on power on.
Thank you for your assistance You mean I need to be sure to stomp an IA preset selection before powering down the system? In the studio I often am using the scroll wheel on the Axe to load different presets and not selecting them via the MFC. I've never noticed this problem/ feature ;)

Ok so I think something else is going on here. I did NOT have this behavior before about a week ago. I'm looking all over for a menu item that might be causing this. If I select a preset on the AXE FX II and then want to select the next preset up sequentially on the MFC, it will always load Preset 104 (PopGate 88). If I set the Bank size to "0" on the MFC I can advance presets sequentially but , again when I call up a preset from the front panel of the AXE it loads into the MFC but if I try to move "UP" or "DOWN" then it will load preset 104. This is driving me nuts and makes the MFC kinda useless for live playing and preset switching now. Anybody have any ideas? I'm digging around now.

Have you tried resetting the MFC since you upgraded its firmware?
You will have to reprogram things like external switches, settings, ect ect.

Yeah man. You actually recommended that when I posted a problem I had, shortly after updating firmware, where my UP, DOWN buttons weren't doing anything. An added piece of info that I just noticed, if I set the MFC to "Bank Style = None" and I try to select a preset above 127, then it kicks me back to preset 11. If I were to select preset 128 it would kick me to preset 12 and so on. That rings a bell with me....MIDI. I'm guessing there is some kind of max midi preset setting or something. I don't know why it would kick back to preset 11 though instead of wrapping to 0. Any ideas Funeral?
Have you tried resetting the MFC since you upgraded its firmware?
You will have to reprogram things like external switches, settings, ect ect.

Ok. I think I know what's happening here. THe MFC can only load 127 presets so you have to tell it which Bank in the AXE to load. A, B or C. I now remember that I did this originally before I set it back to default, and I was storing my presets in the C bank on the AXE. Problem is that the MIDI menu on the MFC doesn't have "Axe-FX DefaultBank #" any more. The MFC manual shows this as the second page of the menu. It's not in my MIDI menu or any other menu on the MFC. Could I have corrupted firmware? Can anyone confirm that this menu item exists on their unit with firmware 2.13 please?

Which mode are you running the MFC in ?
Have you checked to see if there's not been a chanbe to the MID MAP settings on ur Axe ?
Also.. in Axe mode (on MFC) bank switching is automagic... when switching from 128 to 129, bank does not need to be incremented.. I can scroll thru ALL 384 preset by pressing the preset UP/DOWN buttons.
You have a setting messed up somewhere...

Have you checked to see if there's not been a chanbe to the MID MAP settings on ur Axe ?
Also.. in Axe mode (on MFC) bank switching is automagic... when switching from 128 to 129, bank does not need to be incremented.. I can scroll thru ALL 384 preset by pressing the preset UP/DOWN buttons.
ive been going on the assumption that there is a wrong setting somewhere but ive been over it a bunch of times scrolling through the setup and midi menus On the MFC I'm in Axe Fx2 mode.
I can check te MIDI MAP setting in the Axe but I've been through the menus. I've never manually changed any of the settings so not sure how it could have changed.

Hey man thank you. I have been chasing this down for over a week. Just checked and for some reason on the MIDI I/O page "custom mapping" was selected. This was what my problem was. I switched it to "none" and now everything is working. Thanks dude!

Back
Top Bottom