Rack stand for Axe FX in 2u case

sarge

Power User
So I just recently started playing in a band environment again after 20 years.

I have my axe fx 2 in a 2u rack case running into an atomic reactor cab which will be on a tilted amp stand.

Right now I place my axe fx on a couple chairs. This sucks.

Would like something floor level that tilts up so I can see the screen.

Anyone have any suggestions?

My google searching skills have betrayed me.

After seeing someone else who just had it in a 4U rack titled almost straight up...I am doing that now-but completely straight up. I cut a hole in the side to run the cables out, it sits on the floor point up, my wireless(g30) rests on top and so far, 2 4-hour practices in a room short on air conditioning-no issues. It share the rack with a 1000GT and a power strip thingy. If I put the bottom cover on the rack, the height is perfect, though even without it isnt bad. Much better than getting a larger rack to sit pretty on a cab or something. I have a 1x12 next to it and a RCF-10 sitting on top of the 1x12. Loving it so far.

I've been using the same amp stand that Punkbuster is using. It works great. I Iike that you can adjust the width of the stand base depending on the situation. Sometimes I'm in tight quarters and if I have the Axe pointing almost straight up, I can adjust the bottom of the stand to be quite narrow and still stable. This stand makes any tweaking I need to do on the fly doable. At my last gig, the ethernet connection with my MFC was flaky (to me the ethernet rather than ethercon is the only bad design decision FAS made) and I ended up having to use the panel to turn on drives for solos. At least I could see and control the Axe this way. Anything sitting level would have to be really high to make this kind of tweaking possible live.

View attachment 12412View attachment 12413
This stand is also tilted amp stand.

I've been using the same amp stand that Punkbuster is using. It works great. I Iike that you can adjust the width of the stand base depending on the situation. Sometimes I'm in tight quarters and if I have the Axe pointing almost straight up, I can adjust the bottom of the stand to be quite narrow and still stable. This stand makes any tweaking I need to do on the fly doable. At my last gig, the ethernet connection with my MFC was flaky (to me the ethernet rather than ethercon is the only bad design decision FAS made) and I ended up having to use the panel to turn on drives for solos. At least I could see and control the Axe this way. Anything sitting level would have to be really high to make this kind of tweaking possible live.

Thanks guys, especially punkbuster for the pictures. I've been looking at this one or a style like it. We're talking about On-Stage Stands Pro Tiltback Amp Stand | Musician's Friend right?

How high up does the faceplate end up with a standard depth (say ~16" without lids) rack in it and pointed up at an appropriate angle? In other words, how far down would a 6 ft guy need to bend down to make adjustments? I'm between this style or On-Stage Stands WS8540 Small Heavy-Duty T-Stand | Musician's Friend. That one will get it up 37", but with no angle. It also looks like it'll fold a little smaller, though from punkbuster's picture it looks like this particular stand folds down pretty well. Even if the tilting amp stand style doesn't get it up as high as 37", I might imagine it's still easier to work with it tilted up but lower than higher but without an angle. Thoughts?

Curious about the exact model myself.

Back
Top Bottom