Rack mount tuner?

Kdogg14

So I just ordered a a 4u rack case for my Axe Fx2. I will have one open unit of space and I was thinking of getting a rack mount tuner. What would you recommend for around a hundred dollars? I don't need anything crazy I just need it to accurately tune a seven string tuned to A. BTW I'm not sure if I posted this is the correct place so if I didn't please move. Thanks

The Axe-fx II HAS an amazing tuner. F.Y.I.
Use that one extra space for a wireless or something.
:)

That being said, and you know about the built in tuner already/now, and still want a rack tuner, a Korg or a Behringer are probably the only ones under or around $100.

I've heard that with the new update 6.01 the tuner is more stable. Ever since I hurt my back last week I haven't been able to play or do the update. The thought of a wireless unit came to mind but I know they can be pricey. Is it possible to get a wireless for under $300 or am I dreaming? With the wireless can I get my EVL112P to run wireless as well. This firmware update is killing me only because I can't play right now in my condition.

My Rackmount Tuner is a 2spaces blackbox thingy ... it`s called Axe-FX II ... i recommend it! ;)

+1 on the above. The Axe-FX tuner rocks, I don't even carry another one. I can suggest something more constructive for your $100 and one rack space, though. I was turned on to a single space option for moving my rear connections to the front on a thread here by ccroyalsenders. I cannot tell you how handy this has become. Here's a pic, at the bottom of the rack:

View attachment 11748

As shown was closer to $150 shipped, but you could move fewer connections and cut cost. It's from Hans at www.vafam.com if you're interested.

Since I play MUSIC ;) I'm p(an)icky about my tuning, so I like to still use my Korg ToneWorks for immediate feedback.
I can hear everything slightly out of tune, but I often don't know on which string the problem is located... :oops:mrgreen

They seem to go cheap 2nd hand:
FS Korg Toneworks 1U Rack Tuner

I don't even know if it sucks tone, but if (probably) so, you could feed it from an Axe output.

Playing through the tuner, I also like that other people trying the Axe (or myself) are not wildly violating the Axe input jack all the time :lol
I even believe I've read someone damaged his Axe by (dis)connecting to the jack while the Axe was ON?

You can also connect 2 guitars to that tuner.

OK, I admit I made a big mistake of the idea of getting a rack tuner in my rack! I'll save my money because I'm on the MFC 101 wait list right now. My OCD was kicking in to find something to fit the extra space in the rack LOL. I do like the idea of the front mount connections! I'll just wait till the rack case comes in and see how it works. I will post pics of the setup sometime this week! BTW the new update 6.01 is killing me! I threw my lower back out last week and still to this day I can't play. After hearing about the update I'm stoked to play the 5150III once my back heals.

I was thinking about getting a rack tuner myself, but now I use the AXE FX tuner.
Saves rack space as well.

With the wireless can I get my EVL112P to run wireless as well.

wtf?...no dude. the EV still needs power. So unless your great great grand father was Nikola Tesla, and you know something everyone else here doesn't know, then no.
:p

wtf?...no dude. the EV still needs power. So unless your great great grand father was Nikola Tesla, and you know something everyone else here doesn't know, then no.
:p

My bad about the dumb question. Mind me because I'm an old school tube amp guy and know nothing about new technology. All I know is the AXE FX2 has been for the past 2 months my go to setup! :mrgreen

I've heard that with the new update 6.01 the tuner is more stable. Ever since I hurt my back last week I haven't been able to play or do the update. The thought of a wireless unit came to mind but I know they can be pricey. Is it possible to get a wireless for under $300 or am I dreaming? With the wireless can I get my EVL112P to run wireless as well. This firmware update is killing me only because I can't play right now in my condition.

i have seen some b stock, used and dent and scratch Line6 g50's for just about $300

Back
Top Bottom