Rack Cases for axefx2?

Larcher

Inspired
I made a thread a while ago before I got my axefx2, but now I looked at the wikipedia page and it says the axefx2 is 19 inches deep. That causes me somewhat of a problem. I was about to order from Rack Cases the 18" 6 unit one but I fear the axefx2 would go beyond it. What do you guys think?

It is 19" wide- fits into a standard rack case. The unit is actually 14.25" deep and will fit into a Gator shallow case with right angle connectors. You will have plenty of room in an 18" unit. In fact, you could easily get by with a 16" deep rack IMHO.

The Axe II will sit in a shallow Gator rack but it's butt protrudes slightly when the lids are off. It's not a problem when they're on.

Just a heads up, those cases weigh a TON. If you don't need a super strength rack, I suggest a Gator one. They're lightweight and sturdy.

Just a heads up, those cases weigh a TON. If you don't need a super strength rack, I suggest a Gator one. They're lightweight and sturdy.
Which is why they are solid as a rock... if you only want something to carry the unit around in and have cables in one place, then yeah.. Gators are fine. If you are on the road - even locally - then you need something stronger... accidents DO happen...
Here's what I have - and I have other cases of their for other things -
Audiopile Pro Audio - RUE Case Products

I have mine in a regular ATA case. It is a little heavy, compared to roto molded cases, but I just feel better knowing it is protected. I use a six space rack so I have room for a power conditioner, a Vafam rack panel to move my rear connections to the front, a rack shelf for my wireless.

i have a pl8plus, peterson rack tuner, and my axe 2 in a 4 space gator and it's almost unwieldy.. i can carry it and my k12 (with bag) at the same time, but it's rough. Most of us arent on tour so we have to schlep our own gear around. I have a 7 space anvil shock wrack with 2" of foam, but that thing is a beast unloaded.

All depends on the need, If you are moving your own gear, the lightweight suff is good, if you are having some dude you have never met before chuck your stuff off a truck with all the other stuff a band needs on tour, then i'd go for as much protection as you can get.

I just ordered this, I just had to, she is so beautiful in that dress. I can't wait till she gets here! :D

SKB-RLX4-2.jpg

no but seriously, I ordered it:
160254.jpg
1skb-rlx6.jpg

which is this one :1SKB-RLX4

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=sku_rack_space_units-4-80&id=147&o=&offset=2&c=117&s=80

Last edited:
I use a Gator 4u Shock Rack Case. I installed SKB roller wheels and the extension handle making it super convenient to roll around. The shock case provides more protection.

I just picked up a discontinued SKB PS-100 rack case on eBay and switching to this when it arrives in a few days. I'd like the Axe II the MFC 101 and CC pedals in one convenient ready to go package.

View attachment 11433

Back
Top Bottom