'racetra' FAS fellow user, friend gone at 55

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I just want to let you all know my friend Tracy Girard known as 'racetra' on the FAS forum here passed away March 3rd 2016.

He battled a rare lung disease for almost a year and was on life support at UCSF at the very end due to living on 20% o2 saturation levels and his organs failing secondary to the inability to oxygenate his blood flow form his disease. He was very close to getting a double lung transplant but his last chord was played and he passed March 3rd.

There were 2 benefit concerts played by his musician friends over the past year that generated of chunk of change to help his family which was cool. Unfortunately he left behind four kids ages 7-22, and a wife.

He was a motorcycle loving, axe slinging gear nut like most of us always chasing the 'ultimate tone' He used his axe Fx II till he could no longer take care of himself.

I met him on the Carvin forum before we both found the Axe. He lived in the next county to me in the California foothills and we would often get together to exchange tone ideas, licks and gear. He loved Robin Trower and was known for his live rendition of 'Bridge of Sighs'.

RIP and Godspeed my friend!

oh no! definitely know him from posting here. my dad passed at that age too :(

Rest In Peace.

I certainly recognize the user name. My condolences to you and the family he leaves behind. I hope his memory lives on and his family finds some peace in the passing of time.

Definitely remember his contributions here on the forum.

Way too young to leave us. My thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Tracy

So sorry to hear this. I definitely remember seeing him here. As I am 54, this hits home a bit more.
My condolences to all the friends and family that he left behind............

Back
Top Bottom