RAC12 on tour?

MarcKing

Hello Axe+RAC12 users!

I wonder how robust the RAC12 actually is. To me the YouTube video shows some wiggly knobs. What is your impression or experience with the unit. Anyone how did a few gigs with it so far and thinks it's robust enough for solide working in a live rig?

Thanks!

Cheers
Marc

Last edited:
What do you mean exactly by "wiggly knobs"?
The knobs on rac12 are the same than on the famous uk amp (without the upper black line)
for the rest of your questions, I prefer to let other users to express themselves on the subject, given my position on the product.

The knobs are just as stout or even moreso, than those on the AXEFX. I always worry about knocking that big value knob off the AXE.

The RAC is a quality unit. I haven't gigged it but I can't imagine going without it now. Very useful addition to the AXE.

Gigged with mine and it also have already done a transoceanic flight without no problem (inside a shock mount case ;) ).
I had no problem at all with the knob but maybe you can explain better what you mean with "wiggly"

By wiggly I mean in the video it looks like the knob slightly moves out of center when it gets touched. Like the hole circuit board inside the unit isn't solidly fixed or something is bending.

I’m interested in the unit, but to me it looks a little garage made. That’s no reason for me to not buy it, but I want to make sure that’s only a optical issue. As long as it works and the product quality is right, I’ll get along with it.

So far you guy seem to be quite satisfied with it. That’s a good sign.

Cheers
Marc

The Rac12 is a first-class addition to the AxeFx. It's well made, and the concept is beautifully executed. It makes access to the many parameters in the AxeFx quick and easy. I've had mine now almost a month and am extremely pleased with with it. I'm using it in conjunction with a first gen AxeFxII and an Rolls MidiBuddy preset switcher. The set up was easy and everything has worked flawlessly. So, highest recommendation.

It's a very, very solid piece of kit. I've been playing with it for a while now (mine is rack mounted) and I am looking forward to taking mine on a road trip in the not-too-distant future as well. I also cannot imagine using the Axe FX without it now. Kudos to the boys - very very impressive first run!

I already wanted to thank all the current users of rac12 especially those who give their feedback about the product on this post. This strengthens us and encourages us to improve the functions of RAC12 every day.
The Rac12 is currently out of stock and the next will be available in early April. Do not hesitate to sign up on the waiting list on: fxunits.com to reserve yours.

Hello Axe+RAC12 users!

I wonder how robust the RAC12 actually is. To me the YouTube video shows some wiggly knobs. What is your impression or experience with the unit. Anyone how did a few gigs with it so far and thinks it's robust enough for solide working in a live rig?

Thanks!

Cheers
Marc

I think I might have had the same issue that was in that video you saw, when I got my unit my knobs were quite wiggly and when I wiggled one they would all wiggle. Turns out the nuts hadn't been fully tightened on the pots. Bit of a non-issue though, I presume a lot of long days and late nights were had finishing off these units for the first batch and little things like this can happen when you are tired. It also only took 5 seconds to fix. I have had no other issues with my unit.

Have I brought my unit out and do am I confident about using it in a live rig? Yes to both, I've brought it out to a few jams and I couldn't live without it now. I have opened the unit to take a peek inside it and it is very solidly built. I also have faith in the two guys behind the unit, Al and Sebastian have shown a fantastic level of customer service so far so if worst came to worst and something did happen to my unit I'm confident I could get the issue solved quick.

thank you but remember, if the warranty seal is voided, you lose your warranty on the product. :(

Last edited:
Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Think I'll give the RAC12 a try when it'll be available again.

Since all of you assured the stability of the unit, it seems the wiggling I noticed in the video has to do with loosen nuts (vairish talked about) or maybe a because it was a prototype thing.

Maybe Al and Sebastian clear that up, if they want to. BTW I know it’s a fine line between yourself and putting a lot of afford in a business idea (like the RAC12), so Sebastian don’t take this here personal. It’s about getting more information before buying something. ;)

Cheers
Marc

No problems Mark, but you will see when you have turned buttons, your eyes will go to the center screen and your ears to your P.A.
if you are interested, do not forget to subscribe to the waiting list on fxunit.com to be sure to get one on the next batch.

Last edited:
No problems Mark, but you will see when you have turned buttons, your eyes will go to the center screen and your ears to your P.A.
if you are interested, do not forget to subscribe to the waiting list on fxunit.com to be sure to get one on the next batch.

whats the ETA on the next bunch?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom