RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAC12 software 1.3.4 is available !
1.3.4:
- AxeFx™ Quantum firmware compatibility
- "MELT FACES" bug fixed
- Added option to launch Screen Saver when manually put offline

Just launch your RAC12Edit with the RAC12 connected ;)

But still no fix for the underscore in a patch name showing up as a solid block?? Is it really that difficult to correct this in the firmware? If so I'll rename my patches to remove the underscores!!!

But still no fix for the underscore in a patch name showing up as a solid block?? Is it really that difficult to correct this in the firmware? If so I'll rename my patches to remove the underscores!!!

Yes it's pretty difficult to modify the font data, i'll try to correct this in next release...

It could be done but would induce sound stutters during scene and preset changes, as it would have to ask for bypass states

Asking the Axefx2 for bypass states doesn't cause audio stuttering at all. However if you do that between scene changes you DO NOT GET THE UPDATED block bypass setting... you get the setting for Scene 1. This is a huge bug[1] that Cliff has ignored for a long time now.

I'm not bitter... really I'm not...

*cry*

Edit: Hooooooly fuuuuuuu************. I just went and actually READ my linked post again. And Cliff answered (how I did I not notice?). Now I gotta figure out what he means by "GET_BYPASS_STATE".

1: For me.

Last edited:
Can't read 998 post... so question:
any prob using a pre-programmed RAC12 while the Axe is connected via USB to a pc (i.e. running and tweaking Axe Edit or Cab-Lab)?
TNX

Can't read 998 post... so question:
any prob using a pre-programmed RAC12 while the Axe is connected via USB to a pc (i.e. running and tweaking Axe Edit or Cab-Lab)?
TNX
No, but what you'll modify from AxeEdit won't appear on the RAC12 and viceversa, because the AxeFx does not send refresh messages correctly... But otherwise no risk or problem ;)

No, but what you'll modify from AxeEdit won't appear on the RAC12 and viceversa, because the AxeFx does not send refresh messages correctly... But otherwise no risk or problem ;)

Tnx Al... good!
Another question (if may I...): after turning knobs on the RAC12 ... there is a way to save the patch status (in the Axe memory) pushing some button on the RAC12 (instead of the save button on the Axe i mean).
Tnx again

Tnx Al... good!
Another question (if may I...): after turning knobs on the RAC12 ... there is a way to save the patch status (in the Axe memory) pushing some button on the RAC12 (instead of the save button on the Axe i mean).
Tnx again

Yes just push the store switch and keep it pushed ;)

Yes just push the store switch and keep it pushed ;)

hmmm! i'm on the edge of pulling the trigger!
Love the idea of direct access to parameters via physical knobs!
The only fear is the "consistency" in time of this hardware controller... I mean... along future firmwares and/or new Cliff's epiphanyes! :lol
but I think that is only a ghost of my mind... because the basic logic is the MIDI system

hmmm! i'm on the edge of pulling the trigger!
Love the idea of direct access to parameters via physical knobs!
The only fear is the "consistency" in time of this hardware controller... I mean... along future firmwares and/or new Cliff's epiphanyes! :lol
but I think that is only a ghost of my mind... because the basic logic is the MIDI system

We release a firmware update everytime Cliff adds something ;)

Reactions: Rex
Ok... on my word... the last annoying question

what the hell is the bi-directional midi?... I know the midi OUT, the IN and the THRU

Ok... on my word... the last annoying question

what the hell is the bi-directional midi?... I know the midi OUT, the IN and the THRU

That's when MIDI in & out travel on one single cable, using pins 2&3 of a regular din5 cable (5 pins must be wired).

Hi - can I assign a knob permanently to the De-phase function parameter ? Haven't spent any time with the software yet... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I have been playing around with the editor. Is it possible to limit or delete pages? I want to limit to 4 pages, and it would be nice to scroll on from page 4 to 1, rather than going back three steps.

My page setup plan is this:
amp
comp/drive
rev/dly
chorus

using only the most essential FX parameters found on stomp boxes. One page has one stompbox on the left of the rac screen, and one or two boxes to the right.

Cheers, Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom