RAC12 - Magnetic, Glow in the Dark labels... prototypes ready!

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey folks! Sukh here from KickTags, hope you're all having a fly and funky Sunday :)

While preparing stocks for the next batch of my KickTags labels for the MFC, I've been tinkering with labels for my new favourite piece of rack kit - my RAC12 controller by the great guys at fxunits.com (if you haven't checked out this controller - you really should, it's the mutts nuts).

Anyway, being the OCD nerd that I am, I wanted to label this up in a way that'd work for me, in the same way I do with my MFC. After a bunch of tinkering, I'm just putting together the first complete prototype set of magnetic, glow-in-the dark labels for the RAC12.

I'll post updates and pictures here as I get the bits together. Got all the bits here infront of me. Going for a cuppa and then a swift blast of too-loud guitar, and will then start to assemble and post some pics.

To start things off, here's my rack as it is right now...

925AA63B-4BB8-48C5-8736-02BC021D20E0_zpsjbi1desk.jpg

4656D49B-9BDE-41ED-A335-9994A405CABD_zpsws2fns9l.jpg

Ok! Here's what they are ...

each set will consist of 3 magnetic pieces, precisely cut to fit over the control knobs of the RAC12. Simply pop them over the knobs and the labels stick, magnetically, to the metal faceplace of the unit.

339C4570-B485-4F44-9827-4906A9BC5EA3_zpsjtzyjzfx.jpg

The text labels are made of the same glow material I use for my MFC labels, so you can self-write on them. If you use a dry-erase pen, you can write and erase whenever you like, giving you complete flexibility as u can change things up whenever you change the config of the RAC12.

B7DD6AA3-0E81-4F3D-ACFC-7E5470568790_zpsxagf9ca2.jpg

Last edited:
For the RAC12 magnetic templates would it be possible to get glow in the dark stick on labels
so you could peel them on and off the template when you alter the RAC12 settings.
The stickers could be nicely printed instead of writing on them free hand.
Just a thought.
If its a stupid idea , sorry.
G

I'm back! Ok... here are the options that will be available:

1. Blank labels (as in the previous picture - so you can self-write on them)
2. Pre-printed labels with the default RAC12 configuration
3. Custom texts - choose whatever you want printed on the labels. This will include having a 'mix' of blank and pre-printed labels so you could, for example, have the top rows printed and the bottom rows blank etc.

Here's a shot of the labels 'fully dressed' - i.e. option 2 above - pre-printed labels with the standard configuration for the RAC12 on them.

1B7779E2-657F-464E-835F-7DCD4646C30D_zpsch4bknuz.jpg

Last edited:
And finally, because, well, as I mentioned, I'm a nerd and have OCD, here are my knobs after a bit of a mod as well :)

367E6213-5483-4488-A6E3-6DE93B61A221_zps0texzm8a.jpg

EA1FA12A-63B5-456B-BB18-95FBC37689EB_zpsvadvuwnf.jpg

A few minor template niggles to sort and process to iron out so I can work out effort/costs to make these and I expect them to be available in the next week or so. I won't have these on the kicktags.com site to start with, so if anyone is interested, drop me a mail at sukh@kicktags.com and I'll drop u a note when they're ready.

Pricing and availability info as soon as I've worked it out.

Cheers for checking 'em out!

Sukh

Last edited:
Very Interested !!
Sukh, what is the diameter of the holes for the knobs ?? (Uh, I said knob - Rick Mayall moment)
Would these fit a RAC12 that had Mesa style black knurled knobs installed like some forumites have done and posted pics of ?
Not a Mesa guy myself, but the RAC12 looks killer with those knobs, and I think the combination of black knurled knobs and your RAC labels would be absolutely killer.

Very Interested !!
Sukh, what is the diameter of the holes for the knobs ?? (Uh, I said knob - Rick Mayall moment)
Would these fit a RAC12 that had Mesa style black knurled knobs installed like some forumites have done and posted pics of ?
Not a Mesa guy myself, but the RAC12 looks killer with those knobs, and I think the combination of black knurled knobs and your RAC labels would be absolutely killer.

fnaar fnaar!

I have no idea on the size of the knob hole (fnaar fnaar again) and can't check at the moment as I'm away from home (few nights away with the real day job). I think I saw someone post their diameter in another thread though? If u prod me on the weekend though I can check with my digital calipers if that'd help dude :)

fnaar fnaar!

I have no idea on the size of the knob hole (fnaar fnaar again) and can't check at the moment as I'm away from home (few nights away with the real day job). I think I saw someone post their diameter in another thread though? If u prod me on the weekend though I can check with my digital calipers if that'd help dude :)

Confirms my suspicion of the current state of the British gene pool that you need to measure you diameter and knobs with a digital caliper - fnaar fnaar :)

Thanks Sukh, I'm very interested in the measurements and as I'm currently redesigning and rebuilding my touring rack, this might be the time where we should talk about both RAC12 labels and MFC-101 labels.
My lawyers Dribble, Bastard & Shotgun will contact you shortly :)

Back
Top Bottom