R.I.P. Scott Weiland

A mixture of sadness and being pissed off that yet another one of my favorite leads is gone at such a young age. I'm grateful to have seen STP a number of times early and in their prime. The last number of years have been very ugly indeed for him. A very dark movement, that grunge thing that I love so dearly, with its icons, Cobain, Staley, and now Weiland, all succumbing to their inner demons. WTF!

Although not Grunge, Shannon Hoon also has to be incorporated in that list. He was friends with That scene. One of my saddest favorite pictures is the one with him and Layne.. They were both dead shortly after that.

I was at this show with Ace Frehley when STP dressed up as KISS. It was pretty funny. You can read my comment posted on the you tube comments under klaushouz OR under this video I was co-writing a song with Ace Frehely on the West side that night.,( "RISE UP BACK FR0M THE GRAVE" on iTUNES) . When we took a break. I told him about STP, and that they were playing that night. We went to the show as it was a couple a blocks away.. We were upstairs on stage right (thank you Roseland Bob, wherever you are!) . AND STP hits the stage as KISS . Ace says" So this is whats new?? We hand to laugh, then went back and finished the tune.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom