Quiz: How did I do it?

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
Quiz: How did I do it? (Clavinet Sound)

Hi Guys. well, I just finished reading the manual for the Axe FX II from cover to cover. There's a lot to learn, even after 9 months of usage. I got to experiment with things I thought I'd never use and I certainly found some interesting options. So here's a little recording I did. Just wondering how many of you are aware of this possibility. Here's the Axe being a Clavinet. Not tweaked at all, but fun nonetheless.
So ... how did I do this? 8)

Last edited:
It's not just a fixed harmony.... hmmm.
Envelope-controlled formant maybe?

I only know I'd love to know / get the preset!!
Clavinet is one of my all-time favorite sounds.

resonator block with synth and filter? Just guessing, I'd love to know too! :D

Ring modulator.

The winner!
That was pretty quick, I must say. Just slap a ring modulator on a clean preset, FMult at 0.5, Track ON and funk away! Mix is 50% in the above preset.

There's so much good stuff hidden in this machine, it's amazing. Slap on an autowah after the Ring modulator for hyper funk Mutron goodness!

Attachments

• Clavinet.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Ha! I actually use the ring modulator some. For those adventurous electric jazz Chick Corea-Miles Davis period jams. Very cool.

Awesome! :) I could never seem to find a good way to work that ringmod in, this should be a good lesson ;) Thanks patzag!

My first thought was ring modulator, but when I saw guesses about formant and filter I started to think I probably was wrong.

The winner!
That was pretty quick, I must say. Just slap a ring modulator on a clean preset, FMult at 0.5, Track ON and funk away! Mix is 50% in the above preset.
Thanks, what do I win?? ;-)

I use one on Hair of the Dog (Nazareth) to get a funky version of the solo thing in the middle. I like the way you set it up for clean tone.

I got a chance to use the sound live while doing a cover of Superstition, of all things. Worked like a charm. Had a great keyboardist on Clav too and we did a "trade off" Clav vs Clav. Fun!

Back
Top Bottom