Bug? Quite a lot quantum bugs:

ByTheHandOf

Inspired
Have been playing around with Quantum for a bit more than a week now, and agree, the dynamics have improved a lot!! In the beginning when I got my axe, there was a clear difference in the feel when I play my axe contra my tube amp. Since Q it really sounds and feels/responds basically similar to a tube amp! Well done!

However, I am experiencing quite a lot of bugs.

1. I sometimes (5-10 minutes apart) get a weird phasing sound, where all low end dissappears. Have tested in mono as well as stereo and happens in both scenarios. I stereo the phasing is also very audible when panned hard L/R across a large PA, so don't think it is an actual phase issue, it just sound like it.
2. As others have mentioned, I too have experienced that my expression pedals all of a sudden doesn't work. A quick restart fixes this.
3. I have experienced that the auto engage on my Wah and Delay didn't disengage as it normally does. Restart solves the problem.
4. And this is the most annoying! Today this happens to me, and restart doesn't help. When playing, there is a short scratching sound, that clicks to the beat of the tempo the axe is set to. I sounds almost like ringmodulator. Restart does not help, and it is driving me nuts, as I have quite a lot of recording to do today -had to setup my old trustworty triaxis+2:ninety setup to get things done. Strange this started today. Have my axe set up to the "usual" power sockets, so don't thinks it a power thing...

Have anyone else experienced this, or have any advise?

4. And this is the most annoying! Today this happens to me, and restart doesn't help. When playing, there is a short scratching sound, that clicks to the beat of the tempo the axe is set to. I sounds almost like ringmodulator. Restart does not help, and it is driving me nuts, as I have quite a lot of recording to do today -had to setup my old trustworty triaxis+2:ninety setup to get things done. Strange this started today. Have my axe set up to the "usual" power sockets, so don't thinks it a power thing...

Try switching I/O -> MIDI -> SEND REALTIME SYSEX to TUNER or NONE and see if that stops the "scratching sound".

yes I've experienced some of this too. My MFC will not work until I switch presets, my auto engage wah now sometimes will not turn off by itself and have to restart. I've never had my expression pedals just not work completely.

How are you connecting your Axe-Fx to your computer? USB/SPDIF/cable?

You mentioned you rebooted your Axe-Fx but have you tried rebooting your computer too? Only ask to clear down any possibility that there might be a buffer issue somewhere.

Fortunately I have not had any of the issues you described, and have used my Axe-Fx for quite a bit since moving to QFW1.00. Try download the update file again just in case the first one you downloaded got corrupted on the way down, and then re-update your Axe-Fx. I'm not convinced that this is a sure thing, but based on some of the experiences here with general FW updates it sounds like some guys have been corrupting their files when downloading them.

Have been playing around with Quantum for a bit more than a week now, and agree, the dynamics have improved a lot!! In the beginning when I got my axe, there was a clear difference in the feel when I play my axe contra my tube amp. Since Q it really sounds and feels/responds basically similar to a tube amp! Well done!

However, I am experiencing quite a lot of bugs.

1. I sometimes (5-10 minutes apart) get a weird phasing sound, where all low end dissappears. Have tested in mono as well as stereo and happens in both scenarios. I stereo the phasing is also very audible when panned hard L/R across a large PA, so don't think it is an actual phase issue, it just sound like it.
2. As others have mentioned, I too have experienced that my expression pedals all of a sudden doesn't work. A quick restart fixes this.
3. I have experienced that the auto engage on my Wah and Delay didn't disengage as it normally does. Restart solves the problem.

Have anyone else experienced this, or have any advise?

Please provide more information:
1. Model of Axe-Fx II, i.e. Mark II.
2. Are your expression pedals connected directly to the Axe-Fx or to a MIDI controller. If to a MIDI controller, what make and model.
3. If using an MFC-101, is the firmware up-to-date.

The 4th issue sounds like the classic tuner data coupling into the guitar. Rearranging cables will fix this.

Please provide more information:
1. Model of Axe-Fx II, i.e. Mark II.
2. Are your expression pedals connected directly to the Axe-Fx or to a MIDI controller. If to a MIDI controller, what make and model.
3. If using an MFC-101, is the firmware up-to-date.

The 4th issue sounds like the classic tuner data coupling into the guitar. Rearranging cables will fix this.

Hey Guys, and thank for all your replies. :)

1. I don't know the specific model name (will check when i get home), but rather certain it's the first shipment of the XL.
2. The expressionpedals go via my MFC-101.
3. I am pretty shure it is the latest firmware I have installed, but will check tonight. The last time I updated, my entire mfc broke down, and you guys (g66) sent me a brand new one for replacement (in no time, excellent service by the way :) ), so am somewhat reluctant to update this unless absolutelly necesarry.

I will try rearranging the cables to night, and keep you posted :)

As others have mentioned, I too have experienced that my expression pedals all of a sudden doesn't work. A quick restart fixes this.
I get the same issue - switches don't respond to block bypass presses, and expression pedal unresponsive. Usually works once I've changed from the original boot up patch.

Im using
AXE-FX II Mk2 - FW Quantum 1
MFC-101 MkII with FW 3.08
Mission EP-1 pedal

I have experienced difficulties with getting the tuner to engage via the MFC. It seems that changing patches may help. I have the AxeFX II and MFC101 MK III. I believe the firmware version on my MFC may be one version behind the current.

Edit: After posting this I fired up the Axe and noticed the Fractal Expression pedal I have connected to the MFC wasn't working. I clicked the down button on the MFC and it began to work again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom