Quick tips for OWNHAMMER cabs and FRFR

tonaholic

Experienced
I've been mixing Median T2 + Room T2 of the same or similar cabs in my CLR to get a great "in the room" feel. Everything stock or OH Mix *sounds good* but mixing it this way is what "FEELS" right to me as a newb to the FRFR world with 16 years as a hardcore tube guy who worked in the gear industry.

Cheers and happy Jamming!

(Please post additional tips and insights)

Cool. I'll have to try that.

I'm having great success mixing 0db with SM57 of the 'dominant' speaker with -6db of R121; then -3db with SM57 of the 'non-dominant' speaker with -9db of R121

So, the key is 0db SM57 & -6db R121 of speaker A with -3db SM57 & -9db of R121 of speaker B.

How to do that easily? Coming soon. ;)

I'm having great success mixing 0db with SM57 of the 'dominant' speaker with -6db of R121; then -3db with SM57 of the 'non-dominant' speaker with -9db of R121

So, the key is 0db SM57 & -6db R121 of speaker A with -3db SM57 & -9db of R121 of speaker B.

hehehe .. I actually didn't understand one bit of that, hehehe .. but I'm sure it's an awesome tip
LOL .. kinda reminds me when I was a newbie into the world of networking .. hehehe

:D

hi Scott,
would really be great if you can find time to showcase how you mix and match your cabs in a video just like what you did on creating a basic jcm800 patch at the last axe fest.

Are you coming to Axe Fest 2 in Oct? It's on the agenda...

Could you define "soon" like how it is in your vocabulary? I got sorta confused on that the last year-and-a-half...

Cheers. I'll have Alexander buy you a root beer.

Alex, trakteer die man op een drankje! Ik geef het nog wel terug!

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
I've been mixing Median T2 + Room T2 of the same or similar cabs in my CLR to get a great "in the room" feel. Everything stock or OH Mix *sounds good* but mixing it this way is what "FEELS" right to me as a newb to the FRFR world with 16 years as a hardcore tube guy who worked in the gear industry.

Cheers and happy Jamming!

(Please post additional tips and insights)

Are you doing this through stereo cab or are you mixing this outside of the Axe? 50/50 or some other weighting?

I wonder about something. It got my attention that you are using the T2 IR's instead of the solid state ones.
Does Axe FX II not simulate the amp - speaker impedance thing already? Shouldn't the solid state ones be used with Axe 2?

I wonder about something. It got my attention that you are using the T2 IR's instead of the solid state ones.
Does Axe FX II not simulate the amp - speaker impedance thing already? Shouldn't the solid state ones be used with Axe 2?

The whole concept of modeling is that it's simulating the power amp. The amp and preamp are basically perfectly replicated in the AFX2 v11 but much of the feel of any amp comes from the cab. I'm no scientific expert but using tubes to push the amps speakers for IR capture makes it feel better to me.

Back
Top Bottom