quick question

simeon

Axe-Master
thinking about finally getting an MFC

can't be arsed to read the manual just at the the moment, so do any of my homies know if i can set it up so that the bottom 10 buttons are patch select and the top 5 buttons are external controllers?

and i'd like to bank up and down the patches, but leave the externals as they are....

cheers!

Yes. All three models can do this. Bank size value of 10. You can make the top 7 switches IAs or Externals. Dealer's choice.

Pictures > Words

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 9.34.55 AM.png

and i'd like to bank up and down the patches, but leave the externals as they are....

Like, if you turn on an IA in Preset 1 and then move to Preset 2 you'd like to keep the IA on? Hmm. That...I'm not 100% certain of...

Edit: yes. Set the IAs to be global. From 5.2.4 in the manual:

General Use Instant Access Switches may optionally be set for Global operation, meaning that their states will be retained across MFCG101 preset changes. This causes any Saved States (5.2.3) for the IA Switch to be ignored. After a new preset is loaded, MIDI messages for the current state of each Global IA Switch are re-transmitted. See section 12.5.11 for how to enable the GLOBAL function of any instant access switch.​

Yes, Bank Size = 10 will make all 10 buttons patch select, and then bank switches will move by 10s. For the other 5 being external controllers, yeah, simply set the IA switches' Axe-Fx Function to "None" and set the CC# 16-23... it's the "wildcard switch" method.

nice one, thanks boys
Do it man!

51GCnpIbO%2BL._SX342_.jpg

cheers!

If you mean leave the IA switch assignments as they are, you are good to go. IA switch functions are global. You can't have the MFC switches do different functions on a per-preset basis. You can however use the 'Reveal' button to access a second page of IA switches behind the 'Preset' switches. ( #1 through #10 in your case)

If you want the IA switch 'states' to carry over when switching presets, then follow Ian's advice about 'Global' function.

You can't have the MFC switches do different functions on a per-preset basis.
Well, you can if you make them IAs that control external controllers. Then you can assign externals to most anything you like in a preset. Hurts my head to think about how I'd remember all the different assignments preset-to-preset in a live situation though...

just out of interest - say you have bank size = 10 and the "1" button is patch 21....what is button "10"? will it be 20, or 30?

Back
Top Bottom